Monday, January 19, 2015

Kispest Week One (Week 91)

Holy cow. Holy cow everyone. 

I am in Budapest! Like, this is where I first landed in the country, and where I have been going for zone conferences, interviews and transfers. Except this time when I went up for transfers from Duna, I stayed in the city. 

That was weird.

Anyway, so KISPEST. Seriously, this place is where it is at. Serving in the city is very different from anything I have ever experienced. People are everywhere. Everyone is bustling somewhere. Its loud. I just went from a small factory town to the biggest city in my mission. Its insane. For New Years, the city did some serious fireworks. It sounded like the bombs you hear on CNN describing the war in Iraq...freaking terrifying haha. 

I am still a Zone Leader, and the Budapest Zone is divided into four areas, each comprimising districts from the city. Like unto the Capitol in the Hunger Games, the city of Budapest is divided into districts, and the missionaries here are giving districts to work in for their areas. The four areas are Buda (the left side of Budapest from the Danube River), Pest (the northern districts of the east side), Kispest (the southern districts of the east side of Budapest and the largest area, "Kispest" itself means "Little Pest") and then Érd, a suburb of Buda. So its been fun getting to know the city.

We travel by city trams, the Metro (or the subway) and buses. I mourn the loss of my car, but honsetly driving in this city is a nightmare and parking is just as bad. So, I am kind of grateful we do not have one. Plus, walking more is going to help me lose more weight before I go home! :)

Our investigators are so cool. So cool. I am getting to meet them more and more. The ward is legit. There was like 100 people at church on Sunday...like what the heck?! Thats huge! 

We got to set a bapdate with "E" last week, and she has only been investigating for about a week! When I met with her, she had only been taught the Restoration, but she had prayed about it and knew that the message was true! I asked her if she had prayed about the Book of Mormon, and she said that she just knew it was true from what we said, and that when she met with us outside of English Class (how she originally came in contact with us) it wasnt random. She is so cool.

I don't know what else to say! I feel like as time goes by, I'm getting worse and worse at writing these things. Shout out to Sister Carle's blog, because I said I would do it. 

Be happy people. For this New Year, be a little bit better. Remember that God loves His children, and don't forget how important you all are to Him. 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment