Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Dunaújváros Weeks Seventeen/Eighteen (Weeks 89/90)

So, last week we couldn't email because the email place was closed and we had no time anyway...so...yeah it was sad.

HOLY COW SKYPING MY FAMILY FOR THE LAST TIME WAS TRIPPY. We went to an amazing member's house and Skyped/had Christmas dinner with her. Actually, the branch made a list for someone to feed the elders from the 24th until TODAY. They're awesome! All the members here are super great...I'm going to miss them...

Yes...I'm leaving! The call came this morning and everyone was suprised. I'm leaving and Raymond is getting someone else. Richards is staying as well with Elder Fronk. Where am I going, you may ask? The one zone I've never been to, the city where it all started, and where it will all end...

...BUDAPEST. The capital! I'm going to stay Zone Leader but over the Budapest Zone! My new companion is Elder Spedding! I don't really know him that well, but I'm excited! I will be serving in the Kispest area of the city, which I'm equally lost about. But, I'm excited! They don't have a car, instead I'm going to be walking again! Hooray for losing weight! Haha! 

The weather is freezing outside: it's like 20 degrees with a massive windchill. Just so you all know. 

I don't know what else to say! 

The holidays were great! I loved every second! This year it didn't feel as strange as it did last year, it felt a lot more like Christmas. I tried to focus a lot more on the WHY of Christmas: WHY is it important that we celebrate it, WHY was Jesus Christ born, WHY am I here as a missionary in a random country in sketch Eastern Europe in the freezing cold knocking on doors in a ten-story where sometimes we see really disgusting things in elevators? I focused a lot on questions like these, and I got a pretty big answer as I've been studying. You know, missionaries don't know a whole lot, but God knows everything, and He likes helping us out when situations like these arise. 

And I'm really glad that He helps us out. I'm really glad that He answered some of my questions in random ways throughout this holiday season. I know that He is always willing to grant us knowledge if we do our part. 

Here's to my new adventure in the CAPITAL!

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment