Friday, January 30, 2015

Kispest Week Four (Week 94)

It's another great week here in the Kispest-lands! We destroyed all our goals we had set and now we're here again emailing. It feels like we were just here like yesterday! It's insane how fast time is flying. 

Remember the lady that broke her back and let us in to her apartment like a few weeks ago? Yeah, so she's like super legit! She continues to astound us with her determination to learn and grow!

Great moments like week:
  • Coming back to a let-in a few days later to find out that she has read like fifty pages out of the Book of Mormon and had like a million questions. We answered her questions and taught her the Restoration. She sat there and soaked it all up and as we finished with a prayer and got up to leave, she grabbed my suit sleeve and said: "Find the others who are waiting for you, like me."
  • Having one of those moments when your bapdate is so set on baptism that he is willing to take any advice on how to quit smoking. I just sat back and soaked in the moment with so much gratitude in my heart to be able to teach him. He's awesome.
  • Splits with a good friend from the Buda side. Got to talk some things out with him about life and everything. At the end of the split he said :"Elder Giacalone, I just love you!" and gave me the biggest hug. I'm grateful for amazing missionaries to work with!
With transfers here, I am sadly losing Elder Spedding. He's off to the mystical land of Győr. I am getting Elder Zwingli! He's a couple groups beneath me, and I served around him during my little adventure out to Eger for a month. Haha. He's a good kid, I'm excited to work with him.
And...I guess I'll state the obvious: yes, I have started the last transfer of my mission here in Hungary. It's a weird feeling, with just nine weeks remaining out here. We have a LOT to do out here, and I intend to make the best of it! Here's to working till I drop dead!...literally. 
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment