Monday, January 19, 2015

Kispest Week Three (Week 93)

The good news: I do not need to get eye surgery! But I have a stye...ugh. So not needed right now. Gotta love getting random bumps in your eyelid.
I had sushi for the first time last week! Our investigator took us to this really good Japanese restraunt and they had a moving little Sushi conveyer belt. You just sit by a little window thing and snag the sushi on a dish as it moves by. Soo much fun! I had octopus!
We had a baptism last week in the other companionship, it was so sick! It was another one of Heavenly Fathers children making his way back home. So cool, and really pretty.
We had Zone Training with the whole zone! We taught about being "Smarter Missionaries" and using our time wisely. We also divided the city of Budapest amongst the ten companionships here since the old lines were like five years old, and some companioships were closed down. I felt like someone after World War One carving up Europe amongst the winners, but this time it was the city of Budapest to Mormon Missionaries. Lol. 

I was thinking about my mission a lot the other day last week, since just ten weeks are left, and we went to a program literally like three blocks south of the Parliament building (you know, the big one with spires). It was our second time meeting with her. and we had a beautiful program on the Plan of Salvation, and life after death especially. I got to bear testimony of eternal families, something that is so precious to me and something my mission has given me. As we were getting ready to leave she asked me something that hit pretty deep: "did you think your mission was a success?" I looked at my companion, and he just kind of raised his eyebrows and gave me the "this one is all you" kind of look.

At first I started by saying that I am by all means an imperfect missionary, that I am full of flaws and things I can work on, but then I saw in my minds eye faces of people that I love here in Hungary, faces from more than twenty-one months worth of work. Some were special investgators and some were my own companions!

I told that lady that my mission changed my life. I told her that life, and missions, aren't always what we expect, but honestly in the end it's not about what we expect-it's about doing God's work, and trusting that things will be ok if we follow Him.

I still have ten weeks left and who knows what is around the corner or what I am going to experience tomorrow, but I know that my mission is a successfull thing. It can be and will be for anyone, if you choose to make it.

So make it awesome, cause it's totally worth it.
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment