Monday, January 19, 2015

Kispest Week Two (Week 92)

I cannot believe I have been a missionary for 92 weeks...oh my.
Still an amazing time in the Pest-lands! I am so mad right now though because I CANNOT FIND THE USB PORT IN THIS COMPUTER BECAUSE THEY PUT IT IN UPSIDE DOWN.
My area is beautiful. I would show you pictures, but sadly I still cannot find the USB thing. So, you all just have to believe me.
Here are some happenings from the past week:
  • Whilst (I have found myself saying "whilst" a lot, its so fancy!) tracting, getting four (4) let-ins in like an hour. One of them had a broken back and told us to come back in an hour. So we came back an hour later and she sat us down in her tiny kitchen, shuffled over to her boiling pot and turned off the heat, turned around and with great difficulty sat down (broken backs suck) and said: "Boys, teach me about your church. I am ready now."
  • Sitting on a rock by the Duna and gazing up at Gellert Hegy (a big hill overlooking the river) and feeling a huge confirmation that Hungary really was the place where I needed to be and when. Gosh, I love this place and the people so much, and I do NOT want to leave!!!
  • Getting a call this morning from a member who said: "I have been thinking a lot about your investigator that came to church two weeks ago, and I have a very strong feeling that she will be baptized. I would like to come to a program with you so I can share my testimony of the Gospel..."
  • The throw-up from the New Years party last week is still frozen on the ground. Under a sheet of ice...Yum yum!
Honestly, the work here is on fire. We slayed our weekly goals last week, but this week looks a bit more slow. I guess it means we will just go tract out the beautiful city center in this great weather. I am so happy!
Also, apparently I have an eye infection. Cool....why could it not have waited for just another couple months?! LAME. It doesnt hurt or anything, so I am just going to get it fixed in America...
I literally dont have anything else. I love the work. I love Hungary. I love bringing people closer to Christ. I love my companion, and my past companions as well. Its weird with all my friends starting to go home, its starting to sink in that I have only a couple of months left!
Have a great week everyone. There is so much to be GRATEFUL for. This world is beautiful and life is GREAT.
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment