Friday, November 28, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Thirteen (Week 85)

Well, transfers were a pleasant suprise!

I'm staying zone leader in Dunaújváros with Elder Raymond! We're excited to be staying together and spending Christmas with each other. We have been eyeing a little fake Christmas tree in Tesco now for the past few weeks for like ten bucks...we might have to buy her! ;) Oh! And Elder Richards is training a new missionary this transfer! It's always good to be around a greenie :)

GUYS MIRACLES ARE SO REAL.
So, literally, right as I sat down to email, a guy came running back into the library, ran straight up to where we (missionaries) were emailing and said: "I have no idea why I came back, but I felt like I needed to talk to you guys! Please, tell me about yourselves!" Elder Raymond chatted with him about some of our basic beliefs, and he wants to meet with us. He said that he "just feels good" talking to us. Holy cow people, we just got an investigator whilst emailing! So. Freaking. Awesome! 

Awkward moment of the week when our investigators invited us to go to the midnight premiere of "Mockingjay Pt. One" in the movie theater...

We went to Veszprém last week on splits! I really enjoy going to the cities in our zone and working with the elders there. It was fun going there because they had their Angol Ora on the same day, so we got to meet investigators and members. They said that it would be cool if I finished my mission in their city...we'll see!

Last week, for our mission-wide study of "Christ-like Attributes" before Christmas, we studied "Virtue". I learned that it's more of a mental attribute, and all about controlling what you think. Christ told the congregation around him that when the woman touched his robe, virtue had gone out of Him. Pretty important attritube, that virtue. 

We had a massive Thanksgiving dinner at a member's house last week. The wife even found a freaking turkey-here in Dunaújváros! We were full afterwards, and then gave a spiritual thought on being grateful in all circumstances.

Well, that's about it. Just loving life and soaking this experience in. This week marks the beginning of my 10th of 11 transfers....well, that's just scary.

Sok Szeretettel,

Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment