Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Fourteen (Week 86)

So I just want to start things off by saying that yesterday in Ward Council there was a noticable argument/discussion amongst the ward leaders as to who would feed the missionaries Christmas dinner. A compromise was reached where a list was to be passed around next Sunday with time slots, and we are to go from house to house eating my own body weight in food.

#holidaysinhungary

I bought a Glade Candle that is entitled "Warm Spice", and we bought a little dinky Christmas tree with some ornaments and we have Christmas music and we are going to make pancakes and I LOVE CHRISTMAS SO MUCH.

So, we had a good week. We had to kind of do an "emergency baptismal interview" in Székesfehérvár last night. I drove through a hurricane's worth amount of rain and freezing wind to pass off one of the classiest investigators in Székes to enter the waters of baptism. He bumped up his bapdate to this Wednesday, so that's why we had to drive out there. Fun times! 

On Sunday, the Primary Program was held during sacrament meeting. Granted there are three primary kids, it was still incredible. Each bore a small testimony and they sang songs. It seemed pretty simple, but there wasn't a dry eye in the whole room when they sang "Család együtt élhet örökké", or "Families Can Be Together Forever".  

Transfers were sad! I hated saying goodbye to Elder Peterson and Sister Moffatt, shout-outs to them back in good ole' America! Also, people have now started referring to me and the rest of my group as really old missionaries, and some have even started asking me "What I've Learned From My Mission"...umm...what? I've got four months left!....from today! :/

Elder Richard's new missionary is such a nice guy. His name is Elder Fronk, and he's like an ARTIST. He draws animals so well! I wonder if he can draw cotton-headed ninny-muggins...#elf 

Remember the guy that met with us in the library last week? So we met with him again, and he's like golden. He wants to change his life and teaching him the Restoration was so easy, he soaked it all up. At the end, he got up to leave and we asked if before he left we could say a closing prayer, and he quickly sat back down and said, with a smile, "Of course! I need to get used to doing this anyways!" HE'S SO COOL THOUGH 

Welp! Off to go save some souls. It's like perpetually grey outside. Still don't know if it's spelled "gray" or "grey". 

Whatever. Haha. :)

Love you all! Have a great week! 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment