Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Dunaujvaros Week Twelve (Week 84)

Time is going by so fast all of a sudden! I feel like I just started to figure out how to do this "missionary" thing, and now I have four months left! 

WHAT. WHY. WHO. WHEN. WHERE. HOW.

I'm freaking out a bit.

Anyway, so many awesome things happened last week, I will try to summarize everything! 

Last week, we had our zone training in here in good old Duna. Our zone is incredible. There were some parts of our training that Elder Raymond and I had designated as "ask them a question" or something just to kill some time, but the elders and sisters would boldly bear testimony and just make incredible comments about things going on in their lives related to the training, and we would just stare at them in awe. Truely, I was the learner on that day. Our zone is the best.

I've started the "D&C countdown"! Well, actually I started it last week. It's where you read a section from the Doctrine and Convenants everyday until you "kick the bucket". I'm on 134 today, and tomorrow is 133. If you want to follow along with me, by all means do it! 

On Sunday, the Hungary Budapest Stake had it's Stake Conference at the Stake Center in Pest at Tihany Tér. The old stake presidency was released after more than eight years of service! The old Stake President bore a powerful testimony and amidst tears said how much he loved this stake. President Smith would always say the joke of how he was "Hungary's best stake president", considering he was Hungary's only and first ever stake president. The new Stake President was actually the Bishop of the Buda ward, and he's an American living in Hungary with his family. I'd never seen him or met him before this, but he struck me as one really in-tune with the Spirit. He told the congregation (which was upwards of 700 people) to not look at him as "amerikai", instead as someone that loves them and wants to help.

Holy crud, people. Hungarian members are LEGIT

Elder Donalson from the Seventy and President Kearon from the Area Presidency were also there and gave talks that were about receiving answers to prayers and pressing through adversity. They both had AMAZING accents! Hooray for foreigners! President Keaton said something that really struck me: "The Atonement makes something beautiful out of our sins." Thinking of that made me want to utilize the Atonement more in my life. 

It reminded me of someone taking a broken mirror and making it into a beautiful glass sculpture. 

Or that one time when my cousin Jessica and I would try and find all the stolen Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PC game. 

Anyway, you get the point. 

In closing, we got a referral for a new investigator that is literally the most prepared person I've ever met. She said that we are to "teach her everything we know, and everything she needs to know" about the church. She already has friends in the branch, she just needs teachers. We told her that's kind of "our thing". 

Keep on trucking everyone, cause life is beautiful. 

Peace, love, and hippy-hugs everyone.

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment