Monday, November 10, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Ten (Week 82)

This past week was incredible, exhausting, and above all: nostalgic! Haha!

Here's some fun things that happened this past week. Here we go!

1) Met with a new lady that we tabled. She invited us into her house and we chatted. She has lived in like six countries outside of Hungary, and she said that in every single one of them she saw the Mormon missionaries walking around. She never talked to them, but she felt like she should have. So, as she was walking the street of Dunaújváros in this great country of Hungary, she saw my companion and I tabling, and she said that she "knew that one of us would come talk to her". It sure happened! 

2)  President and Sister Smith showed up, along with the office couple,the Bagozzis, to church on Sunday! It was a pleasant surprise, we hadn't planned on them coming. They came to our new member/investigator classas well, that was a treat! They bore their testimonies in Hungarian in sacrament meeting as well! So that was pretty cool! It was awesome to be with them in a teaching situation like that. 

3) Holy crud: I went back to Kaposvár last week on splits with the elders there. I was there exactly a year ago from right now. Talk about trip down memory lane! I visited "M", who is now a counselor in the Relief Society Presidency! She was quitting smoking when I was there! I also met with "E", whom I baptized last February in Kecskemét. She said that she was planning on serving a mission this next year! Sooooo cooool. I also got to see a family that I helped teach, and the daughter is preparing to serve a mission as well, and now her mom is taking the lessons! "E"'s mom is meeting with the elders as well! I was so happy. Like, this happiness is....different. It comes from knowing that these people will be my friends for a very, very long time. :)

4) Hungary had it's "Day of the Dead". It was my last one :( The graveyard here was lit up with thousands of glittering candles, each placed carefully on the grave of a deceased loved one. There was a really creepy fog that rolled in and made picture-taking really hard, but it also made it super pretty! 

That was my week! This past week we watched "Finding Faith in Christ" with an RCLA. He's been struggling lately with a few things, and we've been working with him on them. There's a part in the film where it shows the woman touch Christ's hem and get healed. Everyone knows the story, and by her faith she was completely healed. What I really got out of it this time though was that sometimes we seem so insignificant as one person: Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have an untold number of us to worry about, but in this story we can learn that they will always pay attention to the one that is in need of help, even in they're  in a city full of crowded people with thousands of problems. Christ's attention is infinite, and He knows us all one by one. 

I love that. 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment