Monday, November 10, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Eleven (Week 83)

Oh my goodness this past week was EXHAUSTING.

So, we ended driving around this beautiful country like four days in a row. It totally killed our work for the week, but it was worth it. On Wednesday, we had our monthly Mission Leadership Coucil up in Budapest with President and Sister Smith and the AP's. We talked about getting investigators out to church and other problems/opportunities with the mission. It's always pretty interesting to hear the insight of everyone involve, because literally everyone has a different opinion about every topic discussed. I actually really like that concept, though. 

On Thursday, we drove back  up to Budapest (yet again) for our quarterly interviews with President. I think it was my favorite interview to date. I really like talking with President Smith, and the fact that I've known him for more than 19 months makes every time talking to him feel like I'm talking to a close friend. He's a good guy! There was one scary part when he told me how I only have one more interview left with him before my exit interview on April 1st. Talk about freakyyyyy. 

And then we went on splits to a city called Székesfehérvár. We spent the day there, spent the night, and then stayed for their District Meeting. I got to spend the day with my old companion, Elder Barbour. He's still super fun to be around, I love that kid! I've really had some awesome companions on my mission, and I can't wait to hangout with all of them post-mish! 

BUT SERIOUSLY SO MUCH DRIVING. Also, in Hungary, tractors and bulldozers drive on highways, so unless you can pass them, you just kind of....follow them. For MILES. #thestruggleisreal

I had a cool experience driving back from Budapest on one of these occasions. Part of the journey through the winds and bends of downtown Buda takes us down by the Danube River, or the "Duna" in Hungarian. Even though it was only like 5:30 in the evening, because of the time change it was dark already. The city looked fantastic from where we were driving. Parliament was blazing bright with lights, and the bridges were all decked out in flood lights and cars driving on them. The Duna was black but looked like some giant snake moving through Budapest. All around us were people moving on mopeds and bikes and scooters and just being the little hipsters that they are. 

Holy crud that paragrah sounded so awesome. Sometimes I can write good things ;)

Anyway, right then I said to Elder Raymond: "This is where I need to be!" And I FELT it, too! I love Hungary, and I don't know what I would be without knowing it! 

So, workwise, this week was kind of not the best for us. We still worked hard, but our time was swallowed up with other things. Happens sometimes. We are really, really pushing ourselves this week, though. I'm excited to see what happens! 

Pray for the Hungarians! They are such interesting folks.

Forreal. 

Peace and Blessings y'all. 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment