Monday, October 27, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Nine (Week 81)



Life is just cruising here in the Duna-lands!
Another great week! We had our fabulous Assistants to the President come on down here for splits with the Zone Lords of the South-West (us)...hairflip. I went with Elder Hansen to a few programs, and it was nice to just chat with him about life, marriage, after-mission plans, and mission "death". I love him! Yeah...he goes home in less than a month, so that was our conversation topic. It was super fun, and actually it put a lot of things in perspective for me. Even with how long I've been out, you still keep learning :)
So it rained for maybe five days straight last week, but right now I'm squinting as I type this in the library because it's all sunshine and happiness now! I've already tried closing the blinds, but the Hungarians got mad...("How else is this building supposed to get heated?!") I don't know, maybe you should turn the heat on? #facepalmalldaylong  Like, why u gotta be so rude.
We did service out in literally the boondocks in Duna this morning. I'm sorry I have no pictures, but we helped this old woman move from (I KID YOU NOT) a shack in the woods to a slightly larger shack in a village. She took EVERYTHING with her, even her baby-blue toilet. Yes, the WHOLE toilet. #thehungarianlife But, afterwards, the members we were with felt bad for us and gave us Pepsi! ("You all love Pepsi, right? It's American!")
So I've decided that this city is super fun. It gets a bad-rap for being "boring" and stuff like that, but honestly I really do love it here. It's super hipster. Our work is just going up and up, and we are meeting with so many cool people that are trusting us with their friends and family members, so our referal numbers are shooting through the roof! I love that. This branch is so legit, like every Sunday they all run up and ask us if they can come to any programs with us in the coming week.
They ask...us

Oh my goodness, I MADE AN INDIAN DISH THE OTHER DAY IT WAS SO YUMMY. All of a sudden, I enjoy cooking. The mission gives you some weird moments to figure out your talents in life.
This email is just everywhere.
Everyone, this week is Hungary's "Day of the Dead". So next week you will all get pictures of dead people. Jk. You'll get cool pictures of me talking to sad people in cemeteries because guess what? They don't need to always be sad! Because of Jesus Christ, everyone can be happy. Death truly isn't the end, but, as we tell our investigators, its an important part in Heavenly Father's plan for us. It's sad in the moment, but we know where our loved ones are! So, I guess that's my spiritual thought for the week:  don't forget where you belong, why you are here, and where you are going! 

Have a great week, everybody! Here's to me not getting a parking ticket yet this entire transfer! #blessings
Peace and blessings y'all!
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment