Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Sixteen (Week 88)

OMG CHRISTMAS IS COMINGGG!!!

In the city center here they have put up a concert stage and these little kiosk things that sell beer, wine, apple cider, fresh bread, and CHOCOLATE. Minus the first two items being sold, it's a dream place! Granted it is in a giant Communist built main square that reminds me of in the Hunger Games when everyone's lined up for the drawing thing and then Katniss is like "I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE". 

Anyway, it's like that, if that helped any of you. Shnowfer. Lol. 

We had Christmas Zone Conference yesterday in Budapest with President and Sister Smith. Elder Raymond and I gave a training on the Christlike Attribute of "Hope". It was super great, we ended up ditching like half our notes and doing things completely different. I don't encourage that tactic, but it worked out great for us and the Spirit was strong. President Smith talked about getting rid of that one thing that is holding you back from being the missionary the Lord wants you to be, stuff like doubt, disobedience and fear. Just get rid of it! I really liked it. As usual they had the missionaries going home soon give their departing testimonies. I know this might sound weird, but I usually write down parts from them in my journal, just because they are usually about enduring to the end and building your testimony. As I was doing it, suddenly I realized that in the next Zone Conference, in three months,  I will be giving my departing testimony. Holy barnacles, Mermaid Man. What happened to the time? 

We've been super busy meeting with new people and tracting this city out. 
Miracles/Tender Mercies: 
  • teaching a lady the Restoration and her saying "this is...familiar. Not from this (the pamphlet she was holding) but..here (points to her heart).
  • program with an investigator and a member-present, and the investigator kind of begins Bible-bashing with our member. We prepare ourselves for the worst, but in the end she kind of sighs, shrugs her and says: "The boys (us) told me that one of the things in this...religion...is that you can change. I don't quite believe in God yet, but I believe in change, and that's what I want to do." 
  • sitting in Zone Conference and getting some serious answers to questions I've been struggling with lately. 
  • bringing "Gino", my new elf friend/doll from my grandma, to church with me on Sunday and the members freaking out over him. "THE DOLL IS SO CUTE PLEASE LET ME HOLD HIM!!" Score.
...and lots of others! We've had a great week. I've felt so blessed. Lots of "don't-forget-this-feeling-ever" moments. Lots of reading about Christ's life in the BoM and the Bible. I hope that we all can learn a little bit more about Him and His life, because He already knows everything about you, why don't you learn a little bit more about Him

Have a great holiday season! :)

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment