Monday, September 1, 2014

Eger Week Five (Week 72)

I hope everyone had a great week! Also, somewhere along the line my Week Number got messed up, so it's on 72 now. #sorrynotsorry
Anyway, CHANGE HAS COME TO MY LIFE AGAIN. Transfer calls were this morning, and we were both surprised to see President Smith on the caller ID. Elder Barbour is being sent to my good friend Elder Neely in Székesfehérvár, and I am also leaving and going to be a Zone Leader in the city of Dunaújváros. Kind of scary, but I am super excited! I will be serving with Elder Peterson, who is actually my "mission mother", and he is a super cool kid! Also, I get a car! My dirt road biking days are over! 
I talked to a German the other day! I was surprised by how much I could understand him, but literally when I tried to reply to what he was saying, just Hungarian came out. Gosh dang it, so much for three years of German in high school. #fail
August 20th was last week! Happy Birthday Hungary! That was said in the voice of Katy Perry, by the way. We hiked up to the castle that overlooks the city, and I guess it totally stopped the Turkish invasion in the 1500s. Just a little FYI. It was gorgeous, and later that night there was a super cool fireworks display outside of the Basilica. There were booths set up on the walking street, and you could buy lángos (a giant scone) and lots of yummy candy. Hungarian holidays are the best!
It has been a super good ride out in Eger. A super fun....five weeks. Dang, they call this "one and done", when you get to an area and then you leave like at the next transfer. Also, our companionship, and our massive amount of work, is going to the other elders because we are getting "shut down". Simply because they were more elders leaving than coming in, so some had to go down. So I have to CLEAN SO MUCH TONIGHT. 
I MET A MAN WITH FOUR PET GOATS.
HE HAS A TWITTER.
WHAT IS LIFE.
Love you all! Be good and pray that I don't crash a car next week!
LOVE,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment