Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dunaújváros Week Two (Week 74)

The weather is starting to get colder...and it's only September...ehhhh
What happened last week? Well, we got invited over to a less-active family's home for family night last week. They wanted to play the beloved board game "Risk" with me, my companion, and the other two elders. Not wanting to give up an opportunity to utterly thrash everyone in my favorite board game, I obliged. I took up my position in North America and diplomatically weaved my way out of any serious situations. In fact, I currently have everyone thinking they are in an alliance with me...oh dear.
Currently, I'm in a position to win. Don't even worry about it. We're going over again tonight to finish it. I felt like I was back with my friends at home, except it was a bunch of Hungarian getting screamed instead of English! Haha way different! 
I went on splits to Székesfehérvár last week! I've never been there before. It was a super pretty city, and apparently it was the first capital of Hungary "back in the day", that meaning like the year 1000. So it's pretty old. I got to see my good friend Elder Neely, and that's always a treat!
I had a dream about Harry Potter last night. I miss Harry Potter
We had a program with a new investigator, and I showed her pictures of my family and said how I have three younger brothers, a mom,a dad and now a dog. She took the picture from me, looked at it, and said: "My dear, I see your brothers and your dad, but you didn't tell me about your beautiful sister! Where's your mom? Is she in the back somewhere?" Peterson started laughing and I had to awkwardly explain to her that my "sister" was in fact my mom. So...shout out to my mommy for looking young! HAHA
We had our first MLC (Mission Leadership Council) this past Wednesday. We drove through Budapest's winding streets until we got to the Mission Home and were able to discuss the needs of the mission with President and Sister Smith, the other eight Zone Leaders, and the Sister Training Leaders. It was super cool to hear President in that kind of setting, as we talked about problems and solutions regarding the work here in Hungary. He's a super awesome person, and really in-tune with the Spirit.
We had a baptism last Saturday! "K" was super excited! She was found tracting by some elders in this past March, and she has just been progressing awesomely since then! I kind of got here just as we were finishing up her teaching, but after her confirmation she still grabbed my hand and with tears in her eyes said "Thank you, thank you, thank you for teaching me." I have to admit, it had a massive affect on me. You just never know who you might touch with what you say, nowadays.
And it's true: You NEVER know how you can affect someone. So, always be YOU, but more importantly, remember who you ARE. 
Love you all! Peace and blessings from Duna! ;)
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment