Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dunaujvaros Week Four (Week 76)

Going into transfer nine of eleven....feeling really, really old...
Well, the transfers come and go, and sadly Elder Peterson is leaving me! He's off to go train a new missionary in the city of Szombathely. Last night, we had a pretty good idea that he was leaving, so he started telling me everywhere to go tracting, where some of the less-actives live, and things about the car...because starting tomorrow I get to drive a car! Freak out! 
So today is the first day of Fall! Yay! The trees are starting to change color, and I'm super excited! 
So, I will be getting Elder Raymond. He's only a transfer under me, but I hear he's an amazing missionary. And also a professional model. I'm so excited! It's gonna be great!
We went to the city of Veszprém last week on splits. Can I just say really quick how lucky I am to be where I am and have the ability to see so many awesome cities? It really is incredible! I was able to serve with my greenie, Elder Mellor, for like a whole day! I miss that kid, soooo much! We are definitely hanging out post-mission. We got a let-in with a really cool older couple who said the elders can come back and teach them. Elder Mellor turned to me while we were knocking and said:"It's like Szeged all over again!" Minus the 120 degree weather and mosquitoes, it was! Haha. 
I don't have a lot to say, other than the fact that our work isn't doing so hot right now, but I have some big plans for the upcoming transfer. Sometimes you can get a lil' blue on your work, but if you remember that every disappointment is a blessing on your head, then it will all work out. So I guess we'll keep knocking on door until our knuckles are sore! Another important thing I'm learning: attitude. It's all about your attitude to not only yourself, but to others. Be kind to others, especially be kind to those that kick you out of ten-stories, call you rude names in Hungarian, and threaten to call the cops. It's all part of the journey, and it really does get better with time. Plus- you get something to laugh about! 
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."-Plato
Love you guys! Have a good week and do good things! 
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment