Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dunaujvaros Week Three (Week 75)

So, first of all, I forgot my planner out in my apartment :( So now I don't remember what happened this week! But, I'll try...
Last week, we went down to Pécs to give a training. The car ride down the highway was about two hours, and the countryside was absolutely gorgeous. We passed lots of plains, mountains, and small villages carved into the sides of large valleys. I love Hungary! The last time I was in that city was a year ago for a zone training, back when I was in Kaposvár. Crazy how fast time goes! We also gave another training in Székesfehérvár, and we got a nice surprise of President and Sister Smith coming on down to watch the training! They did an amazing job of adding the Spirit into our teaching, and we were super happy they showed up.
It's been raining SO hard recently, I cannot believe it. We'll be sitting in our car about to get out, and then suddenly it sounds like someone is pounding out roof with a hammer and then the road disappears into a fog of rain. Dang, that sounded pretty poetic, didn't it? :) Anyway, my days of getting caught in the rain seem to be coming to an end, since we've always been in our around our car. Soooo don't have to worry about ruined ties.
Last week, I won my Risk game! Woo! Still rocking it. Also, a member had us come over and give back-to-school blessings to her neighbor's kids in her ten-story. They weren't members, and the thought of a random American boy coming and putting their hands on their heads and muttering Hungarian in a weird accent wasn't the most exciting thought. Noticing that the kids were kind of scared, the member said that she would get a blessing "as an example". She then told Elder Peterson to give her a blessing. Talk about awkward blessing! He didn't really know what to say, so he said something along the lines of "I bless you that....your things in your life will go well...?" I don't know, I can't give it justice. It was just so awkward for someone to be like "Give me a blessing as an example"!  I admit that I was also nervous, but once I put my hands on the head of a small little seven-year old girl, the words came and the Spirit was so strong. Very special moment indeed! 
Don't have a whole lot to say, just that I'm loving being a missionary! Next week is transfers, and there is something like twelve new missionaries coming in: pretty big group! Going be awesome :)
Loving everything. I am so happy to be out here in this beautiful country, speaking this amazing language, and serving these incredible people! Super happy! :D 
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment