Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Szeged Week Twelve (Week 61)

Imagine this situation: you are in a city located geographically the most southern part of Hungary, and close enough to the ocean to have a Mediterranean climate. The weather is ridiculously warm in the summer, and you have the second largest river in Hungary cruising right by you.
This is my life. 100% humidity. 83 degrees. Sweat. So much sweat. My shirts are just NASTY, but this will be my last Summer using them, so I don't care as much as last Summer. Literally, there is like a good twenty degree difference from the shade and the sunlight. So bad. SO BAD.
But, I'm losing weight! *Mario jump of glee*
Anyway, besides the fact that the heat of a thousand suns is on my neck every waking minute of the day, we had a good week. We found some really cool new people to teach! One of them was when Elder Mellor and I were tracting in yet another dingy, damp ten-story building. We knocked on a door and a younger guy answered it. I motioned that it was Elder Mellor's turn to talk. Literally, as he opened his mouth this guy was like: "Oh, hey Elders. Come on in." What. What. So, baffled, we follow him into his little apartment. We find out he met with the Elders like four years ago, but then they got whitewashed or something, and he was "lost". He's super excited to meet with us, and he said that he has questions about stuff in life, like why we are born. He asked me that question like four times: "Why are we born? What is the point?" He said he had talked to all the priests and ministers in town about it, and he had gotten no answers. I just sat there, totally freaking out, and sputtered out: "Um...I can answer your questions, actually." He looked at me, and he just smiled! He was like: "Tessek", or "Go for it". The awkward part was that we were running late to another program, so we gave him a BOM and assigned a chapter to read. We exchanged numbers and then left. 
So, I called him this morning. He had read a good chuck of the reading, but he'll be in Budapest for THREE WEEKS for his job. LAME. I guess the Buda elders will be getting a referal from the Szeged elders soon...
So, Pentecost was yesterday. Nothing was open. LAME. That's why I'm emailing. These types of things happen pretty often, actually. Just a heads up if you're coming here in the future :) 
I went on splits with my Zone Leader, Elder Hansen. He's such a fun guy. Since they have a car, we just drove and chatted between programs. So good. He's actually a pretty cool guy.

I have nothing else to say! I'm just so glad that I'm losing weight: LOL. But, we're also working hard! WOO. 
I love you all! Do good things! My dear cousin, Jessica, has informed me that I have less than 300 days in my mission left. Sad day, what ever happened to the 730? EW. I love my mission, it's the best!
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment