Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Szeged Week Thirteen (Week 62)

Another great week! So good. The heat has gone down a bit, and it is actually pretty cloudy outside right now. Maybe it will rain? That would be splendid. 
I feel like this week was super awesome, but at the same time just super fast and I feel like there wasn't anything really going on! We tracted a good amount this week in just one building, and we found three people waiting for us to teach them. I guess it had been tracted by missionaries in the past several times, and the people were just like: "Hey, we've seen you guys a TON around here, what exactly are you wanting?" So awesome! 
One of the Zone Leaders here got a really bad in-grown toenail and had surgery last week. Because of that, he couldn't walk around for like a week! So, we did lots of splits with them, which hurt our working hours a bit, but it was for a just cause. I got to go see Hódmezővásárhely again! I love that city! 
So, here's my crowing jewel of this week: do you all remember that guy that came up to me at the table in the park like two months ago? Well, we met with him in another park last Thursday. We chatted and began to talk about the Plan of Salvation. It was a beautiful program with a very sweet Spirit there! We began talking about the Savior's time on the Earth and what He did for us, and "B" just kind of stopped and was like: "What do I need to do in my life so that I can be happy? My parents are divorced and my brother is in an unhappy situation as well. How can I be happy?" 
Well, what would you say? 
We actually get that question asked a ton from people. In our "survey" we give when we go tracting, we ask people "If you could ask God one question, what would it be?" A lot of them say for happiness. So, how can we be happy? If we follow the Savior. That is happiness right there. He knows exactly what we need to do in life to be happy. 
So, we told "B" that. He needs to follow the Savior's teachings. He thought about it for a second, and then I felt like I should challenge him to get baptized. He said that he had actually been thinking about that for a long time, and he would really, really like that. He then asked us how we can do it. We explained it out and how it works. He thought again...and said yes. :) It was a very, very happy moment for us. 
I don't mean to cause anyone to freak out, but tomorrow marks me being one full year, 365 days, in this beautiful country of Hungary. I cannot believe how fast it has gone. I feel like I have seen just about everything here, the culture, the people, the food, the church members. Everything. But, every day when I wake up, there is always something that surprises me. I love it here, and I know I was supposed to be here. 
Well, that's about it. Everyone have a happy week! There is always a reason to smile! 
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment