Monday, June 30, 2014

Szeged Week Fifteen (Week 64)

Squibble Squabble.
That defines my week. I don't know how, but it does. 
So, it rained SO MUCH last week! In the states, this means that I could sit at home and not do anything. Quite the opposite over here. We knew that the rain was coming, so we scheduled a good amount of programs on those days so we wouldn't be outside.
Well, looks like we weren't supposed to be inside, because THEY ALL CANCELLED. Suprise! So, we tracted a lot! I even cracked out my sweater, it got so cold! I mean, this is almost JULY people!
We had our American Party last week! Pretty much the missionaries here in the city organized a party for all investigators and members, and pretty much anyone that wanted to come. It was so much fun! I got to chat with members and random people from the street about the gospel and also do the Cha-Cha slide in front of 50 random Hungarians.
Oh, how the mission has changed me. :)
There was a baptism on Sunday! "F", the sisters' investigator, was just beaming after he came up out of the water! There is always a special spirit at baptisms, and I'm grateful I could've been there! After the closing prayer, "F" got up to thank everyone, and then asked if he could give another prayer. Everyone was like "...Ok", and then he said quite possibly the most beautiful prayer I've heard on my mission. He was so grateful to his Heavenly Father for His help. He thanked the missionaries. He started to CRY, which means I started to cry, which was just a great moment all-around. So much fun!
Really fun moment: On Monday, right before we started this not-so-fun week, we had a nice moment that carried us through the week. We finally got a hold of a lady we had tracted into a few months ago, and as she opened her door she started chatting with us, seeing how we've been doing, blah blah blah. Then she got kind of serious and she said "Boys, I don't know why, I mean, I'm an atheist, but I really, really have been wanting to get baptized into a church that believes in Christ. How can we do that? I want my partner and my kids as well. I mean, we'll meet with you and read with you, whatever it takes. Do you need money? I have my purse right here...Wait, why are you laughing?" Meanwhile, I'm just DYING because this is a golden moment. We got it sorted out with her, and it's gonna be a fun time teaching "A" and her family. :)
Sometimes we have hard weeks, and it's maybe nothing that we did wrong. I have a strong testimony that we go through hard weeks to recognize the good hiding in them. Last week was kind of rough, but I learned so much from it. I'm learning how to be a better missionary. I'm a lot happier nowadays, I don't really know why. 
Have a great week everybody! Soak in that Summer sun :) 
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment