Monday, February 3, 2014

Kecskemét Week Three (Week 42)

It feels like I was just emailing yesterday! Crazy how fast the days are going! This week was super fun, and we did lots and lots of stuff (vague word choice).

I was able to go on splits with Elder Mullen, our district leader. He goes home in like three weeks, but he is "dying with grace" and is very chill about it. He trained my good friend in the mission, Elder Neely. We did some streeting and had a few programs with his investigators. During the open streeting time we had, we chatted and he gave me some good advice for the remainder of my mission. I really like Elder Mullen, I'm gonna miss him! 

Last week on Thursday, we went over to the other Elder's apartment for companionship study so I could make some cookies for our investigators because our oven is not functioning at the moment. Lame, I know. Anyway, while we were over there, the cookies had been in the oven for literally (I know I'm prone to exagerrate, but this time I'm not!) two minutes, when smoke started to come out! My cookies were totally burning! It my desperation to save them from a certain fiery doom, and because I was using a very thin rag to pull them out of the oven, I instinctively threw out my hand to steady the tray and BAM. Fried my finger. It's doing much better now, but it was glowing bright white for like three full days. OUCH. Fire > Elder Giacalone. 

On P-Day last week, we totally went to a Hungarian opera! We didn't really understand a whole ton of what they were saying because they used "old Hungarian" and, well, it was an opera! Still, it was super sick and I would do it any other time!

On our lunch break a couple days ago, I was making some rice and Elder D'Angina was sitting at the table eating when suddenly our csengő (apartment phone) started ringing! We were super confused and kind of stunned. Elder D'Angina answered it and started laughing silently. Now I was super lost. He answered some questions to whoever it was, and then opened up our door to our hallway, whilst exclaiming "Come on, elder! We're getting tracted by Jehovah's Witnesses!" Sure enough, two ladies made there way up the stairs and started talking to us. One of them (I'm sure she was the Senior companion) asked us if we were religious. We said we were. They asked if we read the Bible. We said we did. They got super excited and then asked if we had heard of their religion. We said we had, but that we were MORMON MISSIONARIES. The look on their faces was a mix of dread, fear, confusion, and everything else! Priceless! We kind of just stood there and chatted about families for a second, and then they totally just booked it out of there! So...we got tracted! It was fun being on the other end of the line.

So, all in all, crazy week! I love my investigators! During teaching the Plan of Salvation (which I am starting to love drawing on the white board), a super cool guy told me that he knew there was something before "all of this", referring to life in general. He couldn't quite figure it out, though, and he'd been asking himself this question for several years. As we talked about the pre-existence, he said it sounded familiar. I absolutely love these kind of moments! 

I love my mission. I'm learning and growing so much! I know that obedience brings blessings, and that all is possible through the Savior! I love being able to represent Him! 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone 

P.S Just keep swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment