Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Kecskemét Week Five (Week 44)

Hey peeps! WOW. So this week was a crazy one.

First off, I FORGOT my small list of the things that happened to me this past week that I wanted to email about, so, I've got my planner, and I'm trying really hard to remember everything...

We went to Szeged! It's the main city in the zone, and it's super classy and HUGE. I went there last July and August for trainings and splits, but everytime it just puts me in awe! It's absolutely gorgeous, and I am really wanting to serve there in the future! While I was there, I got to see Sister Dinehart! She was in my group in the MTC but went home early, and then she came back like a month ago! I was very excited to see her, it had been so long! I also got to say goodbye to Sister Oberhansley, who was in my first district back in Szolnok...now she's going home! Time goes by way too fast. After our awesome training from the zone leaders, we went to the mall for lunch. Whist there, our district each bought a hipster shirt from some hipster store in the hipster mall. Mine is of a Greek God crying rainbows.

Why not?

Anyway, the rest of our week has been going great! The weather is super nice and Spring is on it's way! I'm very excited! Elder D'Angina and I figured for the last week of transfers we would go all out and work our bums off! We saw some really cool things happen. We got like a ridiculous amount of awesome people we found while tracting and streeting, and we are wanting to go back and see how interested a lot of them are in the church. One of my favorite tracting methods is as follows:
Me: "Hey! Have you seen people like us before-"
Person: "YOU ARE A JEHOVA'S WITNESS GET OUT OF HERE."
Anyway, I was saying that people like to judge us before we can say anything, so we've been trying to say "power statements" before they can do it, like this;
(door opens)
Me: "Do you love you family? I love my family!"
Them: "...well, yeah. Where you guys from and who are you?..."
Rest is history!
It actually works! I'm excited to keep using it. 

TRANSFERS ARE HERE! Elder D'Angina is leaving me and going to Tatabanya in the west, and I am staying here. I figured I would, and just get some new senior companion. De nem. It didn't happen. I will be getting my old MTC companion, Elder Neely! I was super excited to hear that, and I cannot wait to serve with him! He and I have been around each other now in our missions for like 33 weeks! I cannot wait to see how it turns out. I know that we are both pretty young in the mission, and the language (Hungarian, not swearing) might be interesting between the two of us in our programs! I know that the Lord wants us here together, and that whom He calls, He most certainly will qualify! 

I love where I am! I know that miracles are still a real thing, and that God loves His children.

I know it was a short spiritual message.

Love you all! Do good things this week and be happy!

I LOVE MY DAD. 

Sok Szeretettel,
Giacalone Elder
 

No comments:

Post a Comment