Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kecskemét Week Four (Week 43)

Sziasztok! Hey-sztok! Lol-sztok. 

I took so many pictures this week. It was one of my goals. Goal-accomplished. (fist pump). But, seriously, we had a pretty fun week. Except one thing...my companion kind of had strep throat the ENTIRE week...lame. So, he had like no energy and I got to hangout at the apartment for long periods of time. Darn you sicknesses!

So, last P-Day, we totally went to a Jewish temple. Yeah, I know, it's totally awesome. Don't worry, it's not a used Jewish temple. It got bought out by a DJ company and now it's a dance club! Awkward. But, it was still super pretty and what not. And there were some cool statues of Moses and other cool people like him. Prophets. Cool stuff right there. After checking out that sick place, we then went out to a member's house out in the boondocks to have an FHE. It was an awesome success, and we got a yummy dinner of gyros! I love Hungarian food!

On the way back whilst waiting at the bus stop, a stray cat came up to Elder Mullen and started like purring and everything. So, he picked it up. It then fell asleep in his arms. Cute. But, it was a stray cat, and the white handbook says that we can't have pets, so we had to let it roam free. Sad. 

On Saturday, we celebrated the Hungarian holiday of Farsang (FAR-shawn). I don't know why they celebrate it in February, but it's like Halloween for them and they all dress up and eat lots of sweets and everything! The ward threw a party and everyone dressed up! The missionaries were Skittles! We all dressed up with bright colors (we made sure they were all different) and wore "S"'s. The members totally were lost, and it took like atleast two minutes to explain what a "Skittle" was. So funny! Elder D'Angina and I ran a booth at the party, and it was that fishing game where you throw a line with a cup on the end over a white board and someone on the other end puts candy in it and TUGS ON THE LINE AND IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. We were the happening thing at the party. The kids were laughing so hard! 

Missionary experience: We met with one of our awesome investigators who is dating a member of the ward, who is currently serving a missionary here in Hungary. I might have already mentioned him. We met with him after church on Sunday, and he said that he wanted to read something out of the Book of Mormon with us. We asked him where, he looked at me and said "Giacalone elder, open up your scriptures and that's where we'll read!" Oh dear. Talk about pressure. With a little prayer in my heart, I let the pages fall open. Alma 18. Ammon bearing testimony before King Lamoni. We read the entire story and it was so awesome! As we wrapped up, the Spirit was so strong. We knew he could feel it. We jokingly said how lucky we were that he had that idea. He said something to the effect of "Well, I am a Son of God!" Boom. Powerful Spirit. He really knew what he was saying. 

I love being here. This city is awesome. My companion is awesome. Being a missionary for the Lord is awesome. Remember who you all are! You all have divine lineage. So, show it!

Shout out to my dad: I love you! You are still my hero! 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment