Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Kecskemét Week Six (Week 45)

This week was super crazy! CRAZY. I've never had a week like this past week.

And Jessie J is playing right now. It's been so long since I last heard her! Thanks random radio station! 

Obviously, the fun part of this week was that I got Elder Neely! It's been a roller coaster of a week, trying (both of us) to take the reins of this companionship. As we finished up the week with the programs we had planned, I couldn't wait for Sunday to come so that we could just sit down and so that I could actually explain to him bus schedules and times, investigators addresses', and other stuffs. We did SO much last week. Honestly, we had a lot stacked against us: we had to learn how to find together, plan for and meet with our investigators, and somehow remember where they lived in the city. 

But, it all worked out. I still am shaking my head as to HOW, but it worked. Neely and I dubbed this strange phenomenon(spelling?) TMAM, or Tender Mercies And Miracles. We both tried to work really hard and just do our best, and honestly the Lord made up for the rest of it! We snagged five(!) new investigators, and we haven't even been together for a week! We had an amazing program with one of our investigators at the home of the ward mission leader in which they got him (our investigator) to seriously consider a baptism date, and to top it all off we got pretty tight with some members. Church was super great: a guy just walked in from outside and starting chatting it up with one of the members. After a few minutes he (the member) ran into the chapel where I was sitting and he was just like "Elder Giacalone, come here! You've got a new investigator!" I chatted with him for like 45 minutes and got to know him pretty well. We are meeting with him this Wednesday, but we will see how it goes! 

And finally, Elder Neely and I spoke like amazing Hungarian this past week! WHAT.

Funny things that happened:

Neely and I streeted Darth Vader! There was a comic fan club group down from Budapest just hanging ot in the main square and it was super legit! Neely is a huge Star Wars fan and he about died!...

We tabled two American girls who were WAY too interested in us. Creepy...

Neely almost had an "accident" regarding his digestive system in the middle of a program...

And yeah. My email is super short! I don't really know what to say! I am still kind of astounded as to how well our companiomship is doing. I know that obedience brings blessings, and that the Lord truely does qualify who He calls. I know the gift of tongues is real. 

I'm just grateful and happy!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

SHOUT OUT TO MY DAD: WELCOME HOME!!!

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone



No comments:

Post a Comment