Monday, October 14, 2013

Sopron Week 7

Hello everyone! Nagyon szeretetem azt az általanos konferenciát. Nagyon jó volt! I hope you are all doing well.
We have had a somewhat weird week. To start off, we had interviews in Budapest, which is a four hour train ride both ways. Sopron is out in the boondocks on Hungary out by Austria, so it takes a while to get to Budapest. So most of our day was spent on a train. Interviews was great, I'm so grateful for a mission president that is concerned about us and our welfare. He's a great man. By the time we got home, it was almost 9:00, and we pretty much just went home. Then, the next day, we had zone training in Gyor, so another day of trains! So pretty much, our work got slaughtered for the week. 

Then, the unthinkable happened: I got SICK. SO sick. Like, I haven't been this sick in a year or two. I was down for the count all day on Saturday and a good chunk of yesterday, Sunday. It was rough, to say the least. I just sat in my bed all day, and the other elders rotated shifts so someone could be babysitting me while the other two went to programs. I felt pretty useless. I did have a lot of time to kind of sit and ponder a bit, and I did think of how precious my time here in Hungary is and how quickly my time flies by. Heck, my 1/4 mark is this week! Really quite terrifying. I resolved to make good use of my time wherever I am. I'll make it work!

So between being on trains and being sick, that is where most of my time fell this past week. Not a whole lot to talk about. An old missionary is here in Sopron visiting, so that's been cool to talk with him and get advice. It's cool to talk to someone "from the other side". Haha. 

I'm so grateful for the prayers and support from people back at home for my dad and my family! Thank you all so much! I truly appreciate it. It was a little frustrating being several thousand miles away and not being able to do anything really, but I knew that I could pray. And Heavenly Father answered. I'm aware of tons of people who helped my family during that stressful time. Also, I never felt overwhelmed or incredibly stressed about dad. I know that was a blessing from God. You have no idea how much of a relief it was to hear that my dad was taken care of, and so was my mom and brothers, by His angels here on earth.

So once again, thank you. :)

I hope you all have a spankin' good week! :) 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment