Monday, October 7, 2013

Sopron Week 6

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing great. I'm doing fine and absolutley loving the work out here in the grand city of Sopron! We have had an interesting week with conference and what not, but it was good nonetheless and the work went well. 

First of all, conference was FANTASTIC. I absolutlely loved every single talk. It was great to hear from prophets of God bear testimony to us about precious truths. I really felt the Spirit as they talked and I even received some personal revelation to some questions I have been thinking about.

Conference is just cool like that, you know? Also, this week had a theme of the power of the Book of Mormon. 

We met with some pretty cool people this week! So two weeks ago in English Class I gave the spiritual thought out of the Book of Mormon about charity. As I finished, one of the ladies in the back, who had been coming for several times by now, had her eyes right on me as I spoke and kept rubbing her arms. After the prayer, I felt like I should ask her one more time (we had tried before to get her to meet with us, but she always said no) to meet with us. Right as the sentence exited my mouth, she said "I want to meet with you. I want to know what this book is about that you read out of. I want to know who God is to me."

Well, hot dang! I can do that! 

We scheduled and set up for the week after, which was this past week. As we met, I asked her if she had read out the Book of Mormon at all. She said that she hadn't been able to put it down in the past few days, at all! She had even cooked palacsintas while reading it. She was so confused with how she was feeling, and when we bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Heavenly Father's love for us, she bowed her head and rubbed her arms, again. I asked, jokingly, why she kept doing that. She replied that she was getting goosebumps and that she was feeling something. It was fantastic explaining what that was! The Spirit was so strong in the meeting, and it made up for the lack of other programs we had that week, in my opinion. 

Also, I went on splits with Elder Neely! We streeted, met with an RCLA (and we were totally fine with the language, too!), and then got dinner at McDonald's. Also, he has introduced me to fruit tea, and I fear that I am becoming addicted to it! It's so yummy, and we would sip it during our personal study like we were fancy diplomats or something ;) 

We also met with a kid a year or two younger than us. We had given him a Book of Mormon while tabling, and we set up with him at the Brown's house. He told us that he was a Quaker, which was super cool! I totally thought they were only on the East Coast of the US, but apparently they are here in Hungary too! He had some good questions about the Book of Mormon, but the Spirit was there, and by the end he was intent on receiving an answer to it! 

The book itself is doing the work out here, and we just are here! Amazing! 

I KNOW the Book of Mormon is from God! I love it! Sometimes I feel that I have learned everything I need from it, but then it proves me wrong and shows me something I have missed. I have been trying to make it more central in my life and especially in my studies. I'll say it again:

I love this book. 

I know it is true!

I love all of you, have a great week! :)
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment