Thursday, July 24, 2014

Szeged Week Eighteen (Week 67)

Transfers are lame! Just kidding. I DESPISE CHANGE SO MUCH. But, there's good things that always come from these things: always!
So...I'll be leaving my beloved city of Szeged, my home for the past four months. But, it's in good hands, a dearly beloved elder that I know is coming here to finish Elder Mellor's training. They're going to do great! My next stop is....Eger! I don't really know a lot about it, but I'll be serving with Elder Barbour. I don't really know him, but it'll be an adventure! I've heard Eger is beautiful!
Our last week was stellar. There is so many cool things happening in Szeged. School starts back up in like a month, but a lot of kids are coming back to get things ready to start back up. We had some awesome tracting moments, which culminated with us getting five new investigators from tracting alone! Super sick. 
Last week we went to a ropes course for P-Day. So for like two hours I was dangling in the air, with just this intense looking chord keeping me from plunging to my death. So scary. Sometimes I would slip and feel like I was going to certainly fall to a painful and dirt-filled death. Eat slugs! But, I survived. One great moment was when I tried karabining(spelling?) down, and the karabiner slipped over my pinkey finger and I totally ripped it open. Best part was, I didn't even notice it until I got down and noticed the blood on my shirt. COOL. 
Great moment of the week: tracted out this sketchy ten-story and knock on the first door. A mom answers the door, with her arm around her three year-old. We get talking, and she says that her husband had actually died like four weeks ago. Rough stuff. I just found myself bearing testimony at her door of the plan of salvation. I remember specifically saying "I know that there is Someone who loves you, and that He is so proud of you." It was so cool to see the look on her face. We gave her a pamphlet, but she said she needed time to think things over. Hopefully things turn around in the future!
I'm going to miss Szeged. There, I said it. I'm going to miss this place. It's hot, but I love it here. I love the city, the people. I grew A TON here. But, I know that whatever (or whoever) is waiting for me in Eger, I'm going to find them! It's gonna be awesome! And, I'm sorry to everyone right now that I can't reply back to, I gotta go pack! 
Have a great week everyone! Soak in that summer sun! :)
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment