Monday, May 5, 2014

Szeged Week Seven (Week 56)

Currently playing in the internet cafe: "Dark Horse" by Katy Perry. "So you want to play with magic?" Lol. She's crazy.

In case you were wondering, it rained so hard last week that my umbrella almost caved in from the amount of water hitting it. What is life.
Other than the excessive amount of water falling from above, we had a grand week! Number wise, it was one of our best. But, numbers don't mean success! That's for sure. 

Whilst tabling last week in the main square, I was kind of zoning out and staring at a tree or something because EXHAUSTION when suddenly I heard a voice from my left. "Hey, hey man. Like...hello?" "Oh hi! Sorry, I was just..erm..staring at this tree...(face palm)" "Hey no problem! So, my name is 'B', and you guys are the Mormons, right?" (I nod yes) "Sweet! So, my sister lives in Australia and she told me about you guys. I thought I would never find you, but I just saw you and, well, do you guys teach people about your church? I'm willing to give you my phone number, and I was thinking maybe Friday at noon? We can go get ice cream?" "...yeah." "Oh, great! I'll see you then!" 

So, we met with him like two times last week and he's super, super cool. He's studying tourism here in Szeged, dresses like the classiest 23 year old ever, and all of the single women in the branch are dying to be member presents in our programs with him. 

So, he's cool. :) Hooray for random finding moments!

Another fun thing, I conducted my first Hungarian baptismal interview! I guess District Leaders have to do it, and since I am District Leader (flips hair) I got to do it. Haha. I had no idea what I was doing, to be honest. But, you just follow the Spirit and do your best, you know? He passed, and will be an awesome member of the Szeged Branch! 

I also get to Skype my family next week for Mother's Day! It's awkward, because on that day we have 1) Stake Conference 2) Regular church meetings and 3) a baptism! So, it'll be an exciting Sunday to say the least! It's also awkward because Hungarians celebrate Mother's Day on the first Sunday of the month, not...whenever Americans do it. So...yeah. Don't really know where I was going with that.

Also, in the branch they called some people to be "branch missionaries". They called not one, not two, but EIGHT people to be missionaries! What does that mean? Basically, they are to help us in our programs, bring less-actives back, and also to look for people to teach! We are so excited!

My district meeting last week was on "Becoming Perfected in Christ". I used the example of a trapeze artist and his partner in a circus. There are a few things that the artist has to do to make "his act". He has to 1) Actually let go of his "bar". I likened that in our lives to letting go of things that would hold us back, like fear, doubt, or insecurities, and 2) he needs to "trust in his Partner" to grab his hand when he jumps. I think that we all in our lives under go times when we are called to do unexpected changes that we aren't used to. Heck, I wasn't really anticipating what my mission would be like, but I've adjusted. I've grown. I've learned so much from my Heavenly Father. I had to "let go" of things that would hold me back. It was hard at first, and I was unsure. But, He took my hand, and showed me what could become of my life. That sounded really cheezy and poetic, but it's true! I know it.

I love you all! Have a g r e a t week. Do good things! I know you all can.

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment