Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Szeged Week Nine (Week 58)

Holy crud. My world just got thrown upside down.

Transfers came! This is how the traditions go regarding the dreaded "phone calls" on transfer morning: if you get a phone call from the APs, then you are just moving cities to another companion. Nothing special. But, however, if you get a call from President, then you are either 1) going AP, 2) going Zone Leader, or 3) training. As we waited with dread for our call, the phone rang. I flipped it open (shout out to old Samsung flip phones) and saw that it was President Smith! And...
I'm training! 

Freak out. So, tomorrow morning I go up to Budapest to the mission home and get my "greenie". Elder Shoop, my current companion, is going to "whitewash" my mission-best-friend Elder Neely out of Kecskemét, and Elder Neely is going to Székesfehérvár (try saying that one!). So much craziness.

So, we'll see how it goes! I'm going to have to shoulder the load of the work for the next few weeks until I can get my new missionary on his feet. It's going to be fun :) 

Our week, on the other hand, went great! We decided to work our behinds off and try to throw out an insanely crazy work day! We beat our goal of eight hours and did a nine hour work day, with seven of them being programs! We slayed it! I also did another baptismal interview this week, and she is ready to go! The work here in Szeged is on fire! The branch is getting really excited with all the new convert baptisms, and the members are just letting the referal floodgates open! It's been AWESOME.

Funny moment of the week: When we tract here in Hungary, most of the time (like 80%) you will find yourself faced with the dreaded "csengő box", or the...doorball box(?) where you have to ring in to have someone buzz the door open for you. Sometimes they let you in right off the bat, other times they say...funny things. I've heard some funny things during my mission this far, but the other day was just great. Elder Shoop was buzzing in, and immediately a lady answered and just screamed, like literally SCREAMED: "SHUT UP!!!!!" And then hung up. 

Sooo funny :) I laughed for like ten minutes! I've learned that you just have to laugh these things off, or else you get stressed.

Well, that's about it for this week! The weather has been great, there is a massive beer and wine festival going on in the main square and we accidentally walked into it the other day. Absolutely terrifying. But, whatever, all part of the experience.

And it just keeps getting better and better! I love every day! Make your week a good one! :) 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment