Monday, March 3, 2014

Kecskemét Week Seven (Week 47)

Well, hello everyone! Cool things happen sometimes, you know? And by sometimes, I mean like all last week.

First of all, Spring is HERE! Scoree. It is so bright and sunny nowadays, and it really has a way to get you going and motivated to WORK. Because of this weather, our work has been soaring! Suddenly, people are totally fine with meeting us in a park or what not, or stopping on the street to chat for a bit with us.

THANK YOU SUNSHINE.

Fun things this week: 
-We killed a giant spider in our apartment a few days ago. Like, I was freaking out. I thought spiders were like a South American mission problem only (shoutout to Elder Fowers...). Appartenly NOT. 
-We got a new baptismal date with "T"! We hadn't really planned on giving him one until we got there with him. We did a great job explaining the gospel of Jesus Christ to him on the whiteboard in the branch house, and he said "Well, this is great and all, but like when can I get baptized?" Elder Neely and I were just like "Uh...oh. Well, let's shoot for like April 26th?" And he's like "Sounds great, boys! Let's do this!" 

I love Hungary. (heart emoticon)

Continuing on...
-On Sunday in Ward Council Meeting (I still can't believe that those exist here...), Bishop (who had served a mission here in Hungary like a millenium ago...and if he's reading this right now... szeretlek! ;)...) gave the ward council a challenge to get to know the first names of ALL our investigators! All the quorum presidents and auxiliaries were just like "Ok. We got this!" So, all day at church yesterday they were running all over the place talking to people! So funny! 
-Neely and I went tracting in a ritzier(spelling?) part of the city the other day and went through an entire apartment building with just doors slammed in our faces. No one was interested. As we neared the bottom, I honestly was thinking that it would be better if we just booked it out and made our way to the street to see if more people were out there. Neely thought we should finish the whole building. So, we did it. The last door (isn't it always?) we knocked on had a SUPER hipster guy come out in like his 20's. He started by saying "Oh hey guys! I know who you are. You talk about God right? Sweet, like I'm Catholic and everything, but I want to talk about it with you guys! So, I work a lot and now isn't the best time, but can I give you my phone number and you guys come back later, ok? Sweet! Bye guys!" Door closes. 

Cool. So cool.

Our Hungarian is doing so well. Both my companion and I understand just about everything that is thrown at us. That in of itself is a miracle. I know that God will always be there, and that He loves us. I know that Christ is our Savior, and that if we make just the slightest effort, and just barely push past our comfort zone, then the blessings flow. 

Never doubt the faith, and keep going! 

Sok Szeretettel,
Giacalone Joe Elder (Lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment