Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Kecskemét Week Nine (Week 49)

Wow! It feels like I was just emailing for this past week. I cannot believe how fast time is going. It is literally so fast!

Wow, so first off, TRANSFERS. We were at the branch house with the other missionaries playing the piano when our phone went off! It was the APs. It was there that I found out that I was leaving Kecskemet. I was a little sad to hear that, but then I found out where I am going to be! I will be serving in the city of Szeged! It's the most southern city of the mission, and it's really big! It will be the biggest city I have served in. I will also be the district leader for the city! I'm very excited! It's gonna be great! 

We went up to Budapest last week for a Zone Conference with Elder and Sister Dyches of the European Area Presidency. After the conference, I had the opportunity to be interviewed by Elder Dyches. Absolutely amazing interview. But hey, being interviewed by a General Authority has to be amazing! I loved it and I got to see a lot of old friends. 

This past week was also the 15th of March. On this day in 1848, Hungary rebelled against Austria. It's a great story of freedom and warfare, and I encourage you all to Wikipedia it. Unfotunately (spoiler alert!), they failed. Darn it. But, it's very special to the Hungarians, and on this holiday they fly their flag everywhere and they have a big party! 

Awkward moment of the week:
We were at a member's house for dinner. They were talking about the holiday (March 15th) and what the city was doing for it. I was talking about how Elder Neely and I had seen the city setting up a stage in the town center, but then it got windy and they had to take it down. As I was explaining it, I realized I didn't know the word for "take down", so I through out the verb "lecsinálni", or "to do something down". The members started busting up laughing and I was totally lost. The mom, "A", explained that that verb has a couple different meanings, one being "to poop". So, I said "Yeah, and then we saw the workers poop on the stage!" Way to go, me. I've learned to laugh these things off though. Heck, when you're learning Hungarian, you have to! 

Spiritual moment of the week:
Elder Neely and I were waiting by the bus stop for our bus, when we noticed a kid leaning against a pillar. He looked ok, like he wasn't crying or anything, just very quiet. We both felt very strongly to talk to him, not necessarilily about anything specific, just to be his friend. So we went over and chatted for like two minutes, because then our bus came! I don't even remember what we talked about, but the Spirit was there and he was all smiles when we left! We knew that we had helped one of Heavenly Father's children feel loved that day.

I loved serving with Elder Neely. But, it's time to "grow up" and head to a new city! Insane, but I'm so ready for it. I'm super excited to go to Szeged!

I love you all! Your Heavenly Father loves you more, though! Don't you dare forget it. 

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment