Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kaposvár Week 9

Hello everyone!

WOW. So transfers. Lots of weirdness happened. We got our phone call fairly late in the morning, so we spent our early ours pacing and sweating around our apartment. Then, the call came: Gould is staying. I, on the other hand, am leaving. Surprise! I'll be heading out to a city called Kecskemét! I actually have been there a few times on splits from when I served in Szolnok, so it will be a blast from the past.

I will be serving with Elder D'Angina! I've heard lots of good things about him, and so I'm very excited! I've heard that we have the hardest last names in the mission, so yay! Fun other facts about transfers: my trainer, Elder Miller, went AP. He will do a great job!

Fun other things that happened this week: Gould and I bought companionship t-shirts from a shop that was actually entitled "Dark Shop". Fun stuff! Our shirts are all about Hungary rising again from the ashes of post-WW1 and reclaiming lost land-so positive! Yay! My shirt actually says "Justice to Hungary". Alrighty...

We also were able to visit a smaller, but still fairly large, city called Dombovár. We went out with the Colledge's to look for two members that supposedly lived out there. Turned out they live in England. Awkward. Still, a fun little excursion to that city.

It's been a CRAZY week. One of the weirdest on my mission. I'm super sad to be leaving Kaposvár: I've really grown to love this city, and I will definitely come back in the future sometime. I actually connected with my investigators here, met some amazing people, and had great companions. I cannot believe how fast my mission is going, I'm going onto my fourth city! Absolutely crazy.

Fun last spiritual story: "J", my investigator that had no faith and didn't belive in anything at the beginning of our meetings, he says prayers with us now :) I know that he is on the way for baptism. I think that maybe this is how my mission will go: planting seeds, and nurturing them but not necessarily seeing the outcome. My two bapdates are still on track, but I won't see them. But, nonetheless, I am happy. :D I know that I need to be in Kecskemet, and I am so excited to serve the Lord there.

I love you all!
Sok Szeretettel,
Giacalone Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment