Monday, December 2, 2013

Kaposvar Week Three

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic week. Super fun week here in good 'ole Kapos. The city is still kind of foreign to me, but I am rapidly learning to love the people and the branch, and I hope that I can be here for a little while longer.

This week, I was able to tick another dash on my cities that I have been in Hungary: I was able to go to Dunaújváros (literally translates as "New City by the Duna") on splits with my zone leader, Elder Nelson! I had a really good time with him in Duna, which is mostly a factory city right on the Duna river, or the Danube. The city itself is just full, FULL of ten-stories. So, maybe not an eye-pleasing city, but the branch is strong and almost a ward! Yay!

We had a good Thanksgiving this week! We all went to the Colledge's for dinner and Sister Colledge made us chicken and mashed potatos. Super fun time! We talked and savored our Dr. Pepper that I had found in Tesco. I absolutely loved that night!

We had our baptism on Saturday! Emese had a fantastic baptism. Elder Quinton baptized her in a swimming pool at a high school. They just kind of do it where they can here! She bore her testimony on Sunday and said originally how when she met with the missionaries she wasn't that interested in the Gospel, just in English. But, she said that she was "missing something" in her life, and the Gospel was that certain something. So cool :)

Also, I FOUND MOUNTAIN DEW. Praises to the Angels above! Gould said he found it in a small ghetto little store on the corner of main street, and sure enough, hidden in the corner...there she was. I partook of it this morning, and it was worth all 210 forint, about $1. Was it worth it? Of course. So. So. So. Good.

I am so excited for this month! We have possibly one more baptism coming up, transfers are next week (boo), we have a Christmas Zone Conference on the 20th, and of course: CHRISTMAS! I think that this Christmas, being my first away from home, will be super special. I cannot wait to see how it turns out! I feel really comfortable speaking Hungarian nowadays, and it's weird to think it's been a daily thing for like eight months now! I absolutely love speaking this beautiful language!

I hope that everyone has a super great week! I love you all! The Gospel really does fill those "missing" pieces in our lives. It's so perfect and simple. I cannot wait to celebrate the birth of our Savior this month. He is not only my Savior, but he is YOURS. Do not ever forget it!

Have a fun week! Love y'all to pieces.

Isten aldd meg mindenkit!
Sok Szeretettel,
Giacalone elder

No comments:

Post a Comment