Monday, December 23, 2013

Kaposvár Week Six

...Mielőtt elfejlettem, azt szeretnék kívánni nektek egy csodálatos, áldott, békét Karácsonyt! :)
                          Hello everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Yay!!

I hope that everyone has a great holiday with lots of fun things received and given. I love this time of year! We had a great week and did lots and lots of work, and we are starting to see some really cool things start to happen with people.
Fun things:

The water in our apartment was out for 24 hours last Monday! I forgot to write about it because I was stressing about it. SUPER DUMB. But, it's all good now! We had to live out of the Branch House for a few hours, but we were busy that day and it didn't cause that big of a deal.
We were able to go up to Budapest as a zone this past week on Friday to celebrate Christmas with President Smith and his wife! Super fun time! We had a couple trainings given by the Assistants to the President (APs), our Zone leaders (ZLs) and the Sister Training Leaders (STLs). Then, Sister Smith read to us a Book of Mormon picture book about a Nephite family and the star that appeared in the sky-super cool! Then, President Smith talked to us about how well the mission did this past year and how we are to strive to become a "better YOU". Then we played some games and had a white elephant gift exchange. I received a Justin Bieber toothbrush that plays a couple of his songs while you brush! IT'S THE BEST MOTIVATION TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH EVER.
I also got my packages while I was up there! My grandparents sent me a package containing "The 12 Days of Christmas" in it, and I was supposed to open one every day until Christmas day. Well, I received it on December 20th...so we had some catching up to do! BUT-my gifts are incredible! I have truely been blessed so much by my family! I have a big, green, paper Christmas tree up on my wall now with ornaments from all of my family members (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc) and it's so great! I can't really describe how I feel, other than LOVED. I also got several other things, and I love everything I got! Thank you, thank you also to you who sent me letters and cards! I love reading about your holiday adventures, and I hope to write you all back soon!
The Branch had a Christmas party last Saturday at the Branch House. There were so many investigators there and less-actives: I think there were more of those there than actual active members! It was super fun! We played some games and ate a really yummy dinner! I also finally got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, and it was super good! Albeit it was in Hungarian, I got the gist(spelling?) of it!
Funny yet kind of random story: so our train ride from Buda was like three hours long, and during that time I just sat and chatted with Neely. However, there was this cool kid sitting one row up and across the aisle from us, and he was playing on his laptop. We had a pretty clear view of everything he was watching, we just couldn't hear because he had earplugs in and there was no audio. Suddenly, I notice that he is watching a movie...then I notice lots of movement...and Brad Pitt is there....and...yep...he was TOTALLY watching World War Z. So, Neely and I got to watch parts of World War Z (kind of), and we just guessed what they were saying. Absolutely hilarious, and now my craving to know what it's all about has been satisfied! Haha!
Well, I think it's finally starting to sink in that I'm in Hungary, speaking Hungarian. I remember when I received my call, more than a year ago now, and how giddy I was with excitement. I had to teach Priesthood on Sunday, and I was a little nervous when I found out that the Stake Young Men's President from Pest was going to be there. Mostly, I was just insecure (don't know what for...) about my language. But, you know, God doesn't let us fail, not when our cause is righteous and valiant. Sure enough, my Hungarian was great the entire lesson, and it's starting to stay that way now as I use it more and more. Everytime I talk to Hungarians about how I willingly come here and learn this crazy language, they always say "You know, it IS the 3rd hardest language in the world, right?!" At first, it was intimidating. Now, I realize that with Christ's support, everything is possible. Even if it's intimidating at first.

Nem Szabad Feladni...remember? (don't ever give up)
I am so grateful for my Savior. I love Him, and I know He loves me. Oh, how I love putting my badge on each morning and knowing that I represent my Savior, your Savior, and everyone who has ever, or will be, on the Earth's Savior.
And I get to say this everyday for two years :) Life is great!
I love you all! Isten aldd meg a magyart!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Sok SOK Szeretettel,
Giacalone Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment