Monday, November 4, 2013

Sopron Week 10

Hello everybody! Another week that just flew by, and we have been busy, busy, busy!

The weather finally decided to start feeling like late fall/early winter, and we have busted out our winter jackets! It hasn't snowed or anything yet, but it is pretty chilly and always cloudy. The Hungarians just finished celebrating "Day of the Dead". On November 1st, they all go out to the cemeteries to visit loved ones and place candles on their tombs or graves. At night, it looks like the graveyard is glowing! It's absolutley eerie and scary, but also beautiful. 

We also headed up to Budapest this past week to go and listen to President Teixeira, the Area President of Europe! He and his wife were able to share loads of helpful information with us regarding missionary work, whether it be finding ideas or ways we can strengthen our investigators. I really enjoyed it! The only part I didn't enjoy was that it took the entire day traveling up to Budapest and back...trains...the bane of my existence. 

We continue to have great experiences with our investigators. One of them went to church a couple weeks ago and absolutely didn't like it. She said she felt cold and not welcome. This week was a great surprise when she showed up fifteen minutes early and was able to meet some members of the branch and get aquainted with them. It was a Fast Sunday, and we were able to hear some great testimonies from some of the solid members of the branch. Then, she surprised all of us by going up to the pulpit herself and sharing her testimony! She said she didn't know much about the church, but she felt something here. It wasn't just peace, she said, but something from Heavenly Father. She knew that. I was translating for Sister Brown that day, and I literally just couldn't keep going on because I was blown away! Sister Brown was just like "What's going on?! Tell me!" I believe that church can change us for the better, and that miracles can happen when we are gathered in the name of Jesus Christ. That, I'm certain about. 

We are excited to meet with some new people this week that we have tracted and streeted into. It's weird to think that the transfer ends next week. I have grown so much these past two months, and I cannot believe that time has gone the way it has. I really hope I stay in Sopron for the holidays. I love this small branch and the members here, and I love Sister Brown's cooking! What can I say? It's fantastic! But, "come what may and love it", right? If I leave, then I leave, even though I might be a little upset. 

I'm so grateful for the upsurge of the work here in Sopron, not only in our companionship, but also in the other elder's companionship. They're doing fantastic! The Lord is truely hastening His work, and sometimes it seems that we literally just walk right into those that need to hear what we have to offer. So cool!

I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon. It's a fantastic book, and there is power within it. It can protect us and guide us. I love that book. It's truely from God.

Love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week! :)

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment