Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sopron Week 11

Hello everyone! Happy transfers! :)

Yes! Transfers were this past week and lots of people got changed and everything pretty much went way crazy. So regarding me, I will be leaving Sopron! I am a little sad, and wanted to stay here for the holidays, but I know that my next area will be fantastic and it is where I need to be. Speaking of which, my next area will be the city of Kaposvár! It is in the South West zone, so I won't have to worry about speaking German for the time being! Well, at least I hope so! Haha. So yeah, going down south! Yeehaw! (Disclaimer: Hungarians aren't like southerners in the United States. I just thought it was funny.) 

Well, this past week has been crazy! We worked pretty hard, and we both felt that one of us would be leaving, so we made sure that we worked. Almost forgot to mention this fun tidbit: Elder Neely is coming with me down to Kapsovár :) We just can't get enough of each other! It's gonna be great, and I am super excited to head on down there for whatever, or whoever, is waiting for us. And Elder de Vries will be training, and Elder Becker will be getting my old MTC friend, Elder Godderidge. Craziness! Anyway, we went with the Brown's to a lot of places. They have been trying to get involved more with the work, which can be hard for senior couples, but they are doing fantastic! I know they will do great after I am gone. But, out of all places to go with Elder Brown, we went to the University of Western Hungary! It was actually pretty cool, and we got to talk to some of the students there and they are super cool. 

We also went (with the Browns...haha) to an older lady that lives out in a village called Harka just a few minutes to the south-east of Sopron. We sipped tea with her (herbal, don't freak out) like fancy people and she talked about how pretty much she hates her family and wants Hungary to be big again. Oh, the joy of nénis. So much fun. We also had a fun Angol Ora last week. One of the people there was asked to say the closing prayer and as she did it she started crying because she didn't want us to leave! Super cool...but also awkward. Haha. Then we went to a Chinese restaurant and I TOTALLY had that octopus-squid stuff that we eat at Grandma's house all the time. Representing the family in Hungary! Waddup. Also, I tried this gigantic crustacean monster thing, it was like six inches big, and I totally ate it like a Southern person in the bayou! Really, really fun night with our district. 

Also, going back to our fancy lady out in Harka, she told me to tell dad that he "needs to eat one kilo of cherries a day and his cancer will go away." Have fun, dad! ;) 

Super excited for these next few days. I cannot wait to see what happens and where I am going. This was totally out of the blue, but then again, are transfers ever really predictable? I cannot wait to share this message with the people of Kaposvár. Sopron: I came, I saw, I worked hard, and we did so much work. We took a companionship that was getting close to nothing in terms of work done, and we turned it around. I got a super modern and fancy apartment, and I learned how to be a better missionary. I had some rough spots, but nothing that was never too hard or unconquerable. I know that Sopron is in store for some big, big things. But then again, Hungary is on the verge of blowing up into a miracle mission. 

Just wait and see :) 

Have a fantastic week everyone. Do good. Remember Christ in all you do, and remember: He loves you! Even when you don't feel like He does. He always will.

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment