Monday, November 25, 2013

Kaposvár Week Two

Hello everyone! Abban remélem, hogy jó volt a hetetek. Annyira jó volt a hét nekem. Azért, halás vagyok.
Where to begin? This week has been super crazy. Our work load here in Kapos is going through the roof! I cannot recall a day where we found for hours on end, because we have been running throughout this city going to other programs! During this fun bunch of shenanigans that we did, I rolled my ankle. Not fun! But, I'm totally fine now. No worries. God really does want His missionaries up and running :)
We went to the city of Pécs for zone meeting last week (Kaposvár and Pécs are in the same zone here) and it is absolutely gorgeous! We rode buses down there, and it was probably the longest bus ride of my life. But, we got to see the city, and it is known as one of the prettiest cities in Hungary. And yes, it really is!
Being in a threesome can be crazy sometimes: not a whole lot of room to put three beds in our tiny bedroom, having to kind of spread out a bit more for studies in the morning, and finding is an adventure as well. But, there is something special about it. I know it. When we teach, I can speak clearly and focus on what I want to say in Hungarian. Both Elder Quinton and Gould are fantastic Hungarian speakers, and they always stop in programs to make sure that I know what is going on. I love them for that :)
We have had some great programs this past week. We have a baptism on Saturday with this girl named Emese. She is absolutely stellar and Elder Quinton will be baptizing her. I am giving the opening prayer :D We have met with some new people, and it's amazing how the Spirit works sometimes. We tracted down a street where it had just been shut doors and nothing happening, when we tracted one house with a lady who said that she had been reading stuff about the Church on Mormon.org and that she wanted to meet. But in January after the holidays. Hey, we'll take it! Also, we tracted into this cool 30 year old guy who is a computer dude and is totally loaded. He said "No" when we rang his bell, but later as we were exiting his building, he saw us as he was getting his mail at the base of the stairs and said he changed his mind and wanted to meet right now. Seriously, sometimes I wonder if I'm doing a whole ton of work. There are days when I feel like I'm doing everything and nothing happens, then there are days like that where the people literally let you in or want you to come back. I love those!
Well, that's about it. For Thanksgiving this week, we will be eating dinner at the Colledge's apartment, the senior couple here in Kaposvár. We will be having chicken of some sort, since turkey here is not necessarily all in one piece like in America, and yummy pies. I am way excited :) Super pumped! Also, in Sunday school, funny things happen: so, the Branch was talking about the Nauvoo temple and about baptisms for the dead. One of the members, I think she is actually the Relief Society President, asked what age we will look like when we are resurrected, or what age specifically we will be body-wise. One of the members said a specific year, like 19 or something. I was sure that wasn't right, but I wasn't sure what to say! Then they all just looked at me for the deciding answer. I said "We will be...perfect. So don't worry about it!" They took it! Whew. That whole experience made me feel like an old bishop or something.
There is an older néni here in the branch that was teaching that lesson. She is so humble and kind, and she is one of the few endowed members in the branch. She said how she wishes she could go back to the temple, where she was sealed to her deceased husband. I felt such a great spirit as she talked about her one precious visit to the temple and the massive impact it had on her. I also know that families are really forever, and that death isn't the end. I'm so grateful for this knowledge, and I am grateful to be a part of this work to share it with others that really need to know it.
I love you all! Have a fantastic week. Eat lots of yummy food on Thanksgiving! :D
Sok Szeretettel,
Giacalone elder

No comments:

Post a Comment