Monday, September 16, 2013

Sopron Week Three

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week, as for me we have been busy. As a whitewashed companionship, we had no work to go off of when we arrived, and we have seen miracles this week in terms of people we have been teaching. We now have a solid three investigators, and we might even add to that this week, to maybe five or six! Absolutely insane. The blessings are crazy. The Lord sure does love His missionaries!
We also got to go up to the city of Győr for zone training this past week. The city is absolutely beautiful and I would love to serve there in the future. We were able to drive home with the Brown's for the return trip from the city back to Sopron. I absolutely love the Browns! Sister Brown makes a mean apple pie-I mean, this thing is fantastic! So it seems whenever we are talking to her she brings up that she will make us a pie or something for us, or have us over for lunch or dinner. But besides the fact that they make food for us, they are very engaged in the work. They always want to assist in our programs and what not. Really grateful for them. 

One of our investigators is rapidly becoming my favorite (is that allowed?). His name is Imre and when we meet with him we always hangout on his front porch with him. He always has interesting and deep comments to what we teach him. He is truly sincere with his learning and his faith. One thing though, is that he smokes at least one cigarette while we meet with him. It's only like 45 minutes when we meet, but he can't go without one even for that amount of time. I really hope his faith will carry him through the Word of Wisdom lesson we have planned for him...

Other than that, we have been running around the city trying to figure everything out. For example, we were at the train station the other day and we decided to grab the first bus and see where it took us. Well, we ended up somewhere up in the wilderness of the forests above Sopron. So we took the same bus back down to Sopron, just to end up back at the train station. We killed a good 45 minutes getting lost on the bus, and we were a bit down. So we went to the Brown's for apple pie. 
Score.

Anyway, I sat in with young men's yesterday and my one YM taught the lesson to me on the Sabbath Day. He did a really good job, and he will be set apart a teacher next week at church. It's gonna be great! :) 

Also, speaking of church we had a couple from California come visit the branch yesterday. They were both here doing genealogy work in Austria, Germany, and Hungary. It was so cool getting to talk to them and...well, speaking English at church! Woo. Fun moment of the week: so our neighbors are college girls, and sometimes they do things that aren't necessarily "sympatico"with the Law of Chastity, so we "accidentally"dropped a Law of Chastity pamphlet outside their door. We are so sneaky...not really, but that adjective seemed to fit best right there. 

Well, Hungarian keeps coming along. I learn new phrases and words every day, and when we table I find myself usually alone with a Hungarian on the street for several minutes at a time, and I am not nervous and I can comprehend what is actually being said. It's funny how long I have been here, but it still feels like I got here like last week. Time is really weird here. 

Love the Lord. Love the work. Love Sopron. Love my companion. Grateful to be here.

Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

P.S. We busted out the sweater vests this week, no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment