Monday, September 30, 2013

Sopron Week 5

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic week!
Well, Sopron has been picking up! We have had a fantastic week and we have been really blessed with some great results! Also, it's getting really cold out here! BRR. It's been overcast and cloudy out here pretty much all week. 

Well, we continued to "find" our butts off this past week and we continued to use our method of tabling, which has been providing some success to us. During this one day, a girl walked by with her dog. We had seen her before, she seems to take the same route every day and always walks by us. We had stopped her several times before, and she said that she would come to English class, but she never showed up. So this time, I decided to stop her and try something else: I went up to her and said "Do you like One Direction?" She looked right at me, and said "I WORSHIP THEM". I asked her if she liked the new song, and she said "I WORSHIP IT". So I said we can talk about them at English class if she came. She enthusiastically said yes! 

Still didn't show up to English class. Ha ha but it was so AWESOME!

We also tracted out a street up in the hills of Sopron, what I like to refer to as the "Beverly Hills"of Sopron. Literally every house is a mansion, and I think that most of them are Austrians that live in Hungary because it is cheaper here. But hey, we're all God's children, right? Everyone needs to hear the Gospel! So yeah, nobody was interested, but it was interesting to see all the wealthy people's responses. One lady said: "I don't even want to hear it, thank you!" I was so sad for them, they don't know what they are missing! It was sad to say the least.

We also headed over to an RCLA's house about ten minutes outside of Sopron. Her family speaks German, so sometimes she had to translate for us. She's only like 19, and the only member in her family, I have big respect for her. We had a yummy dinner there, and then we watched a TV show that was pretty much Germany's "America's Got Talent". So yeah, pretty fun! We got to see some funny things!

My hands are freezing as I type this! It is so cold in this stinking internet cafe! Also, we hit standard this week in the mission! Elder Becker and I worked our butts off and we have been seeing success! It's very humbling and I am so grateful for all the Lord has done for me and my companion. We are meeting with some new people this week that I am so excited for.

Well, I think that this week will be a little bit shorter than usual, not a whole ton going on. I will be in Budapest next week for interviews (cannot believe it's been a month already) and then again at the end of October for zone conference, so lots of traveling coming up soon! 

Neely and I continue to have fun! We have fun bashing the typical American teenage white girl as we talk ;), he's a funny kid! 

I hope you all have a great week! 
Lots of love,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment