Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kispest Week Seven (Week 97)

So last week as I was emailing it was snowing outside and was freezing. Now it's sunny and warm and they're saying it's supposed to be like 60 degrees? What is this? Utah?
We had a killer week last week. Went on splits with our fearless Assistants over in Óbuda, or Old Buda. They have such a fancy apartment we were super jealous. I went with Elder N, he's a super cool kid. We talked a lot about life and, naturally, about my upcoming "death".
Then we gathered the children of our zone together for a zone training, like unto a Mother Hen. I'm serious when I say children because EVERYONE IS SO YOUNG. It was then that I realized that this mission is totally different from the one I came to 21 months ago. I still love it, but all my old friends are gone :( and now I have new ones :) That's just how the mission goes.
We went Ice Skating last week with an investigator, her daughter, and the other elders in Kispest. Such a good time. I have no idea what my legs are doing in the picture, but I never was athletic so whatever. My feet still hurt from that.
Both "L" and "A", our bapdates for March, showed up to church on Sunday. Woo! They loved sacrament meeting. I think sometimes as missionaries we cringe because of the talks sometimes and when we see who is giving them we get a little nervous, but both talks were solid and the members bore great testimony. One of our investigators that was there afterwards asked me if I could baptize "if we (her and her daughter) decide to get baptized". I was like "Um...yeah." Duh! 

This past week I've been studying a lot about change. Missions are all about change. Investigators change their lives, members change their testimonies, and more importantly, missionaries change their faith. I think that is just something that I'm starting to grasp, and it's almost the end. I've figured out why obedience is important and how the Lord always keeps His promises.
It's a real thing.

All is dandy over here. Budapest is just incredible. The guy next to me smells very strongly of alcohol.
Life is great. It's all about perspective. :)
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment