Monday, February 9, 2015

Kispest Week Five (Week 95)

So the entire city of Budapest is caught up in a freak out mode because of this flu bug that is like taking over the entire world. It's super scary!
Well the weeks are just flying by and honestly it's a little scary! This past week was just packed full of awesome things. The lady with the broken back made her way to church, absolutely loved it, and is on bapdate for March 14th! We are super pumped for her!
On Saturday there was a funeral for a member here in Kispest. He wanted his ashes scattered over the Danube river, so we (the elders) all went on this ferry boat with the rest of the ward and cruised for a few minutes out to a specific area. They put the box containing his ashes in the water, and then everyone threw a flower in the water. It was very sad. I thought about how happy I was knowing that this guy still lives, and that death isn't the end. It's just a very important little step we have to take. The weather was beautiful, it was the only time during the week where the skies were blue and the sun was out. The river was gorgeous and the four of us elders all stood on the bow of the ship and just looked at Budapest from the river. For some reason it was a very calming moment for me. Sometimes nature can just take our breath away.
Cool moment when Elder Zwingli and I were streeting by the Duna and a guy came up to me and asked me if I had any cigarettes. I said "No, but I have a Book of Mormon", and I pulled it out and we chatted for it for a while. He accepted a copy and we set up to meet later this week. Lol.
The new missionary here is Elder Nordberg. He's a convert of like a year and a half, and he's just seriously the coolest guy ever. It's definitely weird talking to him because he's just starting his mission and I'm...well...I'm further down the road. Haha.
We are loving life. So many miracles and great moments daily. I love being a missionary and being able to help people. It's the best! Heavenly Father loves His missionaries and it always surprises me how much He is willing to go to help you with anything.
Have a good week everyone!!
Sok Szeretettel,
Elder Giacalone

No comments:

Post a Comment