Friday, August 2, 2013

Transfer Two

Hey everybody! I have survived my first transfer in Hungary! It went by super fast, and we got a lot of work done! First of all, I'm very grateful for my trainer Elder Miller, who taught me to work hard and to be obedient. We had a good time together. Unfortunately, he will be leaving me and going to Szeged to become my Zone Leader! My new companion is Elder Loveday! He just finished being a secretary up in Buda for the mission, and he only has like a couple transfers left. Sister Oberhansley will be going to Nyiregyhaza in the east, and Sister Petersen will be Sister Grigg's new companion here in Szolnok. The party continues!
So in Seminary we learn about the book of Revelations from this hilarious neni named Ershika. She is like 70 and just goes all out about the Bible as she teaches us. Literally though I have no idea what is going on: they use really weird vocab when talking about Revelations and it is absolutely crazy. But, it's always a good time :)
Last P Day,  we all ate PBandJ sandwiches and watched "17 Miracles" as a district, we had a great time! Sure we were all bawling, but it was super fun and we got to hangout one last time before we all split sort of, fun times. I also got a haircut from Sister Smith! Basically she just buzzed off my hair, it feels so nice now considering it was 99 degrees yesterday with 100% humidity...so much death.
I also hear music, like normal music, a lot more than I thought I would here...like I hear that Pink song "True Love" like all the time...good stuff! Also, we got to go visit a member's family about an hour and we heard normal music on the bus and we all jammed out to "Lights" by Ellie Goulding. We are so cool. Also, I got to eat a real FIG. A member had a fig tree in her backyard and she gave us fresh figs! Super yummy fruit! They had brought them from Israel they said, woop! I also found out this past week that Szolnok was founded in the year 975...freak out. My city is ANCIENT. Other fun things: in Hungarian, the phrase for "The Fall" (as in Adam and Eve) is "Nagy Bukas", which when translated directly means "The Great FAIL". How great is that: one of the biggest moments in human history is referred to in Hungary as a "fail". Gotta love Hungary.
So my language is coming along a bit more! I've been taking the lead in our RCLA programmes and I have been calling people on the phone a lot more (which is terrifying but I find that I can understand them more when I can't see them and they can't see me...), so it's been fun! I can understand a lot more now, but speaking is still difficult. It's like I'm getting the gift of tongues backwards or something! Haha, I'm grateful for it either way though!
Also, I had cow stomach the other day-super yummy stuff! I found out what it was when I was leaving the investigators apartment, then I felt a little sick. But it's alll good!
I sure am loving the work! Szolnok is just great, and it's weird to think that my first transfer is dead. I love being able to pray every day to my Heavenly Father and telling Him how my day went and knowing that He is listening. I know that He is in every aspect of our lives, and He wants to the best for all of us. The work is picking up in Hungary, those who are ready for the gospel are literally being placed in our paths! I love it!
Have a great week everybody! Légy erős!
Lots of love,
Giacalone Elder

Joe's happy when eating ice cream!!!

Having lunch with a member family

This surrounds Szolnok pretty much. So pretty

Road Kill !!!

Member in Szolnok that wants to serve a mission

The District

Elder Miller and Elder Giacalone tabling

Went to go streeting and this happened!!! Come on people, where are you???

No comments:

Post a Comment