Thursday, June 13, 2013

This is it people!!!

THIS IS IT PEOPLE.
HUNGARY.
NEXT WEEK.
WOW.
I actually am going to Hungary!!! The dream is here! Speaking of dreams, I had this funky one the other day where I was already in Hungary but that my whole neighborhood lived there...super weird. I guess you're all moving to Hungary now. Better get packing!
 
My consecration week is over now as well! Literally the toughest week of my life, but I'm just starting to feel the blessings coming out of it! With consecration week you set goals and consecrate yourself from earthly things: mine were no letters that whole week, no sweets, and no English! Super tough! But there is real blessings in consecration.
 
I will be flying to Dallas, then to London, then to Budapest starting on Monday morning and I'll arrive in Hungary sometime on Tuesday afternoon. Soooooo long flight haha. Did y'all see me on KSL? Super awkward interview in my opinion.
 
Recap of this past week:
I finished teaching my MTC investigators-I'll miss Edit and Viktor soooo much! I'm so sad I won't be going to Viktor's baptismal service, cause that kid is getting DUNKED.
We had our first ever devo in the Marriot Center ever! It was MASSIVE and super awesome! What an exciting time to live in right now, we are so blessed!
 
Well MTC, this is farewell. I will always remember the awesome devotionals, the sleepless nights, the food(?), the incredibly spiritual lessons that we were able to teach. I've experienced all the MTC has to offer: musical numbers, devotionals, classes, audtions for said numbers, sad nights when a district member goes home, heck I even went to Relief Society once! (Long story). I've been to both campuses, and I've felt homesick and powerful at each! I'll miss the food, the tears from a powerful spirit residing, the funny moments with my precious district, and everything. Sometimes I think of the hymn "Lead, Kindly Light". In Hungarian, it's "Vezess, Kis Feny", or "You should lead me little light". The second one seems so much more personal, I love it. My MTC expereince is so precious to me. My conversion happened here. My BOM testimony exploded here. Things I cannot explain happened here. I love it.
 
But Hungary awaits.
 
 
"Lead thou me on".
 
Giacalone Elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment