Thursday, June 13, 2013

 
Another letter Joe wrote to the Family...
 
This is the last time I'll write y'all as an American living in America. Next time I'll be an American living in HUNGARY. al;skdfja;wervjoawekjfl;asdk fjal;sdkfawel; fasdf d   I'm fairly excited!!!
I hope you all know that this is where I need to be right now. The Spirit has been so strong in my life these past 9 weeks, and literally it still feels like I just got here! I've learned so much I cannot quite comprehend it.
 
How's my dog? You haven't killed her yet? I'm still miffed at that...jeez. Haha. Just kidding!
 
FLIGHT PLANS CAME. AHAHAHAHAHAA.
Ok here we go: 7:30 AM we meet at the travel office and go to SLC airport. 12:15PM we leave Utah and go to Dallas at around 3:55. We are only there until like 4:45 and then we go to London! So I don't know if I'll have time to call from Dallas, maybe just SLC. We arrive in London 7:50AM  and hangout there until 9:50AM London time, where we leave London and go...BUDAPEST. We land in Hungary at around 1:15! YES. So exciting!
 
Well, my consecration week is over and life is returning to "normal" again. It feels like I'm sinning when I speak in English, so most of the time I revert back to Hungarian anyway, it feels so much
nicer to say! I accomplished my goals I wanted to this past week: I didn't read any "posta" from y'all or anyone until last night, which was tough at first but I found I had more time to ponder and to study.
I also ate no sweets (BYU ice cream, "fank" or donuts, or cookies). And on top of all that no English! So pretty much the hardest week of my life. I was frustrated when I couldn't convey myself the way I wanted to or when I couldn't conjugate things right. Those feelings dissapated though on last Saturday afternoon. I was REALLY struggling that day: Neely and myself were overwhelmed with lots of stuff to do, we had to teach the new Hungarians some random thing, I was always seeming to forget something, and then to top it all off I lost my nametag somewhere in my apartment that day. During personal study all those emotions just piled on top and seemed to crush my soul. This is where my awesome companion comes in. Recognizing that I was seeming on the verge of tears, we went into another room where I just started crying. After that awkward session of crying, I asked him for a blessing, which he gave. Literally I have never experienced anything more powerful in my life than the Spirit that filled my heart when he finished. I just sat there and cried for another good few minutes, but this time because I felt so good! And later that night I FOUND MY TAG hahahaah. God works in mysterious ways, I think that day I just needed that little reminder!
 


Elder Lee (going to Albania), Neely Elder and Giacalone Elder

Work space



Wyview Apartments

 
 Flight Plans !!!!


Here is the link to the interview with Joe
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25561483&nid=148&title=sea-of-missionaries-spreads-from-mtc-to-byu-in-evening-march&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-3

Also an interview in the Provo Herald
http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/central/provo/mtc-missionaries-meet-in-one-big-room-for-devotional/article_19598ac2-565e-5b6c-be6b-7748328fc32a.html


No comments:

Post a Comment