Thursday, May 16, 2013

Week Four...half way there

Szíastok!


It's been another great week here in the MTC! Today is officially my halfway point in the MTC, and we get our flight plans in two weeks! AH. It's going so fast! One month down already...I cannot believe that in four weeks I will be in Maygárszágra serving the beautiful people who call it home. Ok, so a lot has happened in the last week and I'll try to answer all the questions, it's hard to remember all of them!


1) For my Sophomore project, I did a report on the United Nations being formed after World War Two. It was pretty boring, but hey, it got an 'A', so whatever. It was just a report in a little folder with paper protectors inside of it. Nothing fancy, I'm always boring!

2) We get to go outside a fairly good amount. All of the sidewalks we use to get to class have a roof-type thing covering them, so it's never too hot, and the flowers here are GORGEOUS. They're all blooming and it smells wonderful! God's beauty is literally everywhere here!

3) Vinny, congrats on office buddy! I know that it will help you branch out and meet new people, and it will help you learn to love to serve others, which is all you do when you're out here on your mission! I'm so excited for you, make sure you tell me all about it! Nick (Mr. President), I hope you have fun as well, just make sure you aren't overdoing yourself, ok? Love you both!

4) Squeeeeze, I heard you slammed it at your games in Pocatello, atta kid!


I cannot believe Elder Worthen saw Mark! That's crazy! He told me before I left that he was going to Europe for his Business Scholars thing. It's just a hint of Mark's missionary experiences in the future, right? ;)

I see Hermana Magana everywhere! She's so excited to serve, and I'm so jealous that she leaves next week! I've literally seen like four groups of English speakers come and go...and I'm still here! I love this place, but I am itching to get out of here and go to where I'm needed!

I keep forgetting to talk about TRC! In it, we get to teach return missionaries from Hungary who just recently got back and it is literally the COOLEST thing I've ever done here. We teach them as members, so we don't have to explain everything, and our messages are simple (they have to be, considering our skills are that of a 6 year old). So last week we talked about how important prayer was to our relationship with God, and the RMs are so sick. They slow down and explain difficult words, I mean, they're just so kind. They know what we're going through, and they are very nice and give the best advice! Such a blessing. Anyway, I love TRC. We have it every Thursday night, and I'm excited for tonight's about the BOM!


So at gym, our whole zone plays volleyball together, and I must say that all of that pool volleyball has really helped me cause I DOMINATE that gym floor! Godderidge Elder and I had a faceoff the other day with it, and he killed me in. (Disclaimer: Godderidge played for years in high school and college, I played in the pool during the summer. I still love him though haha) So, I love gym now!


I am able to read the ward newsletters thanks to Sistra Clark, she lends me the months copy (her classroom is literally across the hall from mine!), and mine letter wasn't in the missionary section...um...awkward. Better get on that mom ;) Just use like an inspiring part from this one maybe?? :)


I was able to say goodbye to Sister Barker the other day! She's going somewhere in Cali, I think, until her visa comes for Brazil! She was way pumped.


OH. OH MY GOSH I ALMOST FORGOT. RUSSEL M. NELSON CAME AND SPOKE TO US ON TUESDAY AND I LITERALLY ALMOST COLLAPSED BECAUSE IT WAS SO AWESOME AND HE LOVES US AND I LOVE HIM AND THE LORD IS ALWAYS LOOKING OUT FOR US AND THE GOSPEL IS SO TRUE. But really, it was freaking fantastic! He talked about how the ancestors of the people we are going to teach are praying for us like crazy across the veil, and I can feel their desperation for their posterity to receive the gospel! That was the SECOND talk about ancestors praying for us...hmm...interesting...


There's a rumor going around here that the First Presidency will be making a big announcement regarding missionaries very, very soon. I've got some ideas, but I won't share them, just in case I'm right ;)


Regarding the MTC changes, it's been weird. In a week and a half, we will be moving down to YView/RainTree. We will be doing our laundrey, classroom and other services down there, but they will shuttle us up to the cafeteria for food and to the temple on our P Days. The MTC is also getting ready for the massive wave of newbies coming in June/July. They are starting to have dinner carts outside on Wedenesdays and Thursdays, because new missionaries literally take up all the room in the cafeteria on Wednesdays. So that should help them, I'll be long gone by then, so I'm not really concerned about it. oops.


I did my first sealing session in the temple today! Woop. Temples rock, especially Provo. Missionaries practically run the show there, I LOVE it! It was weird though...lots of Hungarian names were there...Hungary is getting very popular it seems....


Our teaching is going great! Neely Elder and myself taught Edit (eh-DEET) yesterday. She loves to read the Book of Mormon (A Mormon Konyvét), which is great! She had a question the other day though about Nephi killing Laban though, she read in the Bible that it is a sin to kill another man and she was concerned about Laban's death. What a sweetheart. My companion and I looked at eachother and were at a loss for words, so I started talking about having faith in God. Then a scripture popped into my head. Then I suddenly knew how to say "to invite" in Hungarian, and I remembered how to conjugate it! This is NOT like me at all, I forget everything! So,Yeah, our God is definitely a God of miracles, and I know He won't let us fail if we trust in Him! For choir on Sunday we sang "Come, Thou Fount" in front of Elder Nelson, such an awesome experience! The Spirit was so strong! It was a confirmation to me that our Savior knows every emotion we go through.


Our new Hungarians come in less than two weeks! If one of them is reading this now, shoot me an email :) I'd love to talk to you! We are so excited for you to show up, and we pray for you!


Well, I'm not sure what else to say! The work is real. The gospel is true. I love you, and so does your Heavenly Father, although He might love you more than me! He wants to talk to you, have you talked to Him today? If you haven't, I exhort you to do so, and you can thank me in 23 months :)


Sok Szerettél,

Giacalone elder :)






No comments:

Post a Comment