Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sziastók!
Wait...it's been a week since I last checked in? WHAT. Halal (death)! The days are just flying by! Well, I don't really know where to begin! This past week has been super crazy and full of random emotions. Elder Worthen left this past week to somewhere in Germany, and I got a picture with him :) lets see...Oh! Neely Elder and I saw that one guy from The District (the video thing on BYU-tv), um I think his name was Elder Christensen? We were walking in the hall and he walked past us and we both kind of freaked out...yeah, but we didn't say anything to him. I guess he's kind of a mormon celebrity(?) you know? So we turned the corner and started crying and waving our hands around in weird gestures. Good thing there was no one in that hall...
We have taught harom (3) lessons in Hungarian this week to a couple of investigators: the first one consisted of "Do you know God? God loves you. He really loves you. He loves you a lot ok. DO YOU UNDERSTAND"...so it was kind of a train-wreck at the beginning, but we held in there until the spirit took over and we bore our testimonies of Christ in Hungarian(!). Nbd. The second lesson was sick, and the third one was awesome as well! We have our very first TRC tonight, I don't know why they waited until Week Three to do it with us but...whatever. In it, we get to teach/be taught by return missionaries from Hungary! I'm so excited, but also nervous!


I think that the other email got sent like early...sorry. crap.


Anyway, this past week has been super cray. This next week our "ussi" (ancients) leave to go to Hungary! It's only two sisters, but they have been our "antya" (mommies) for the past few weeks, and we will miss them dearly! For their departure devotional on Sunday, they are singing and playing the violin to "Lead Kindly Light", in Hungarian (nbd). Neely Elder and myself got to hear them practice it and I literally started crying. They did a fantastic job, and it's so weird to think that we are filling their shoes next week-the new Hungarians arrive in like two/three weeks! Ah I'm way excited to meet them :)


My testimony of Christ has SURGED this past week. Through a combination of devotionals, talks, and personal study, I feel so close to my Savior! You can't escape His Spirit here, it's EVERYWHERE. And everyone is way nice and what not. The temple every P Day is a massive blessing, I really wish I had gone more when I was home before I left because I'm just now starting to understand why it's called the "university" of our church! Also, I had this way cool experience the other day: so I was sitting down in class trying to understand what was going on, and I totally just got super sad. I don't even know why. Neely was looking at me and talking to me but all I could think about was that I had no idea what was going on. I knew that I shouldn't be thinking like this, but I started thinking about Summer and all the fun stuff I was missing. So....it was bad. Right then and there, it still amazes me, I prayed to God. I told Him that I needed to be here. I told Him that I needed to learn Hungarian, or else I wouldn't be able to help His children, my brothers and sisters, return to Him (fortunately during this time it was personal study so I wasn't missing anything important). Then I remembered what an RM from Hungary told me just last week: "You have been waiting since the pre-existence to teach these people, and they have been waiting for you." Also, I thought of that one scripture in Alma where it talks about exercising just one particle of faith and that the Lord would capitalize on that and help you with anything, and the Spirit hit me like a battering ram. You know, when I feel the Spirit it's usually just a warm, gentle feeling of peace. This time, it felt like God was pounding my heart like a gong in China. I felt three consecutive, big, blasts of energy coarse through my body. Right after the other. It felt like every cell in my body was exploding in a simultaneous concoction of energy, love, and peace at the same time. I KNOW that my Heavenly Father won't give me ANYTHING I cannot handle. He knows me better than I know myself, and sometimes I think I know what I'm doing, when in reality I'm stumbling blindly down a path of uncertainty and guessing. I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, but that's how it felt, and I know that this is where I need to be!


So get this: we might be moving to the Rain Tree Apartments down on BYU-campus because of all y'all newbies graduating from high school...sigh, the things I do for you guys....haha, just kidding: I'm so excited for all of you to come on down here and partay. I can promise you that this is where you need to be!


I'm way excited to hear about Nick, Rachel and Brook(?) on making office: that's so awesome! You guys are going to do great things and I cannot wait to hear about them! I pray for my family every night (in Hungarian too!) and I can feel the prayers you guys are sending my way-they buoy me up and help me get through my crazy days of sitting in class and trying to understand what the heck my teachers are saying. I'm also going to try (again) to get some pictures to you guys...stupid memory card reader.


Well, I hope all is well with everyone. I'm doing great, just growing like everyone else.


Sok Szerettel,

Giacalone Elder :D

No comments:

Post a Comment